iPhone 4 Buying an iPhone 4 Without AT&T Plan

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by krawks12, Jun 12, 2010.

1. krawks12

krawks12 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    To my understanding, you can buy an iPhone for the full retail price without getting an AT&T plan.

Can this be done online, or does it have to be done at an Apple store?

Does unlocking an iPhone void it's warranty?

Do I have to buy a phone with T-Mobile, or would I be able to like take the iPhone 4 into their store and get a contract/sim? If no to the second part of that, would they terminate my service if they found out it was being used with an iPhone?
  2. J-Phone

J-Phone Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    1. It can be done either online or at the store

2. Yes, to unlock requires jailbreaking witch voids it buy can be easily be recovered by restoring.
  3. krawks12

krawks12 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Thanks for the fast response

Please Register or Log in to view images

My concern with my second question was more toward whether or not if I were to drop it and it wouldn't turn back on, would I be screwed?
  4. J-Phone

J-Phone Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    If it breaks the regular apple warranty wouldn't cover that.
  5. twigster9

twigster9 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    You can buy an iPhone 4 at the no commitment pricing but they will require an iPhone activation to purchase it. You can cancel the plan after you walk out the door.
  6. ChronicFunk

ChronicFunk New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I thought you couldn't buy an iPhone without having AT&T no matter what. Like, if you were eligible for an upgrade or were gonna sign a two-year contract, you could get it for the $200, but if you wanted it and could get an upgrade and was already in a contract, you had to pay the full amount for the phone.

I may be wrong.
  7. krawks12

krawks12 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Just did some searching and found this (link on the buy page of the Apple website for the iPhone 3GS):
    https://buyiphone.apple.com/WebObje...reAuthAction/homePage?product=MB715LL/A&sf=us -> "Is a new contract with AT&T required?" -> https://buyiphone.apple.com/WebObje...o/IClSoXygBMgzaeOmD2bCM0/0.0.0.1.26.3.9.5.1.1

"Is a new contract with AT&T required?

A new 2-year commitment with AT&T is required when starting your purchase online. Additionally, the Apple Retail Store offers a no-commitment iPhone for the full retail price."

Added one more question to my post aswell.
  8. J-Phone

J-Phone Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Don't let them know you are going to use a iPhone. Only let the retailer know if they sell the iPhones. Also just tell them you left your phone at home and they will give you some money ($50 or $100) if you didn't get a free phone. Then once you activated your sim card go home and start cutting it up to a microsim card size.
  9. redXIII

redXIII New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Aprix. 650 dollars without contract K-shing!! and some news leaked that the idevice4 will have a inovatiin antijailbreak no-restore or itunes 9.2 wont recognize...if spirit is blocked by itunes 9.2 imagine an iphone 4g
  10. Jek570

Jek570 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    So let me get this straight, you can only get an iPhone no contract if u go to the store?