Buying Advice - according to my needs!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by CloudS, Sep 28, 2010.

1. CloudS

CloudS Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I have been wondering for a long time, which iPT should I go for and there's absolutely no final thought yet. I think 8GB would be enough for me.

Here's what I am interested in and what I don't care about much.

Interested in (but I don't know how much of a difference will this make from 3G)
    A4 processor
    Gyroscope (but I don't know how useful it is)

Not interested
    Facetime

Neutral
    Retina display (don't know how better will it be, never used an ipod before)
    Camera

Based on the little list above, can you please suggest me what should I go for and why ?
    Other than music, I am interested in the Apple Store Games and Apps.

I currently have ~4GB music. I don't have problem removing old music when adding new.

UPDATE!
    Now the choice is between:
    8GB 4G
    32GB 3G

I am really confused, wondering for about a week without any final decision.

Thanks
  2. pyromatic

pyromatic New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    If you interested in the processor and the "double RAM" I'd suggest going for at least the "16gb" model because You'll get the better specs and anyone I know who has had the "8gb" model has regretted it and would have preferred the "16gb" model.
  3. CloudS

CloudS Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Well, yeah I am interested in processor and RAM but I don't know how much will it make the difference from the hardware of the 8GB 2G.
    Will it be worth the extra money?
  4. iGary

iGary Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    8GB 4G. You want more things that are in the 4G that isn't in 3G. Trust me, get the 4G, way faster than an 8GB 3G which is a 2G.
  5. CloudS

CloudS Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I got another choice.

32GB - 3G

Now what will you suggest? It just got more confusing.
    I am slightly preffering 8GB 4G as I think 8GB is enough and getting a few things that isn't in 3G but some saying that it won't be enough.
  6. iGary

iGary Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    Ahh...Yes it did. Well, Get the 4G 32GB if you can even if it iss a couple more bucks - save for it.

But if you can only choose between that, then pick the 8GB if in no need of space but want A4 Processer, Retina Display, and Camera and the other features, or pick the non Retina display normal iPod Touch 3G with more space. Idk I'd choose the 4G but I'm getting the 4G iPod Touch 32Gb

Please Register or Log in to view images

------------------double post merged------------------
    It depends on what you plan on putting in it. I have an iPod Touch 2g 8GB and it's good I guess I still got 2g left but I've been picky on what to put on it but once I get the 32gb 4G itll be more than enough

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. CloudS

CloudS Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Seeing the processor and RAM difference in 2G and 4G, is there any visible difference in speed while a game?
    In App store, are the games marked something like "Requires 256MB RAM" ?

Thanks
  8. ajgardemal

ajgardemal Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    1 The iPod touch 4g has the same amount of ram as the 3g
    2 The gyroscope is really great
    3 The a4 chip is a good bit faster

So, that is 2/3 on what you want

1 The camera is alright i like my actual camera better but the iPod touch's is way convenient
    2 Facetime is flawless and you may want to have it because apple is making facetime software open source so you may eventually be able to chat with a computer

So it is 2/2 of what you don't care about

1 The retina display is nice i cant tell the difference between it and my brothers iPhone 4

So that is 1/1 of what you are neutral on
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    I would recommend the 8gb 4g unless you have over 6gb of music, because i have 4 gb of music like 50 apps and I still have 1.5 gb open
  9. CloudS

CloudS Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    How much of a difference will the A4 make than the 3G model chip?

UPDATE
    Now the choice is between:
    8GB 4G
    32GB 3G

The cost of both are the same, where I live.

And yes, 'Gaming' is a factor for buying this. Will the games be different for 4G (A4) and 3G?

Thanks
  10. ajgardemal

ajgardemal Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Yes the games are much better on the 4g, there is little to no lag and very short loading times. Plus the gyroscope is good for shooters. My brothers 3g lags bad and takes forever to load Gangstar: Miami Vindication . There is however no lag and short loading times on my 4g. Finally the retina display makes it a lot easy to see targets and objectives in any game, and some games aren't supported on the 3g.