Buying a used iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ThePinoyIpod, Jan 29, 2010.

1. ThePinoyIpod

ThePinoyIpod New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Im buying a used iphone from a guy at school for $40 cause the home button is broken. Other than that it works fine, I know that cause he let me use it for a little bit. Can I just put the SIM card from my samsung eternity into the iphone? or do I need to unlock it or anything? I know i'll need to jailbreak and get mquickdo or something to replace the home button. But my plan right now is unlimited texting not data. So if I disable 3G at home it wont cost anything to download apps right?
  2. ethong

ethong New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    disable edge and 3g before you put your sim card in. my friend also does not have data and he uses his 3G. i'm also buying a 3G off my friend tommorow and will be doing the same thing
  3. canesfan

canesfan Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    lol i just did the exact same thing, u can just restore and then instead of activating, blackra1n does that for u so just jb it and ur set
  4. Hellishness

Hellishness Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    iphonenodata.com
    this is what i use to block my data, on top of 3g and edge being off.
  5. ethong

ethong New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    the hell. i just tried to install cydia. and i was doing some stuff and then i check back and nothing was happening but a bunch of apps disappeared and the ipod button and another one disappeared from the bottom bar.