buying a stolen iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by njlmx6, Jul 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. njlmx6

njlmx6 New Member

• Illegal/piracy-related discussions
    Ok...im 100% ready to take alot of heat from this thread, but here it goes.

I have the chance to buy a stolen 16gb iphone. i already own an 8gig touch, and its totally full of music. now, the iphone i want to get is 100% stolen...im not going to deny that. its off, most likely blacklisted, etc. i dont want to use it for a phone. ever. what i want to do is use it as a 16 gb touch with a camera.

now, is there any way to either totally disable all the phone settings, or at least take off the "phone" and "sms" buttons? its 2.2.1, and its not jailbroken yet, but i will do it if i need to. ive done it with my touch and had a few problems....but if i need to do it to the iphone i will.

is there any other features that may not work if this phone is indeed blacklisted?

like i said, i am ready to take some heat, but please keep it to a minimum. i DID NOT steal this phone. i can just get it for practically nothing, just wondering if its possible to get rid of these 2 items, or perhaps totally disable all the phone features alltogether.
  2. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    Yea no one on this forum is going to help you.
  3. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Why do some people just not know where the line is? The rules clearly state that discussion of illegal activity is not permitted on this site, whether this be discussion of illegal drugs, pirating App Store apps, handling stolen goods or otherwise.

Just no.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.