Buying a Ipod Touch tomorrow

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Lord-Hypnos, Sep 7, 2008.

1. Lord-Hypnos

Lord-Hypnos New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    As the title says I'm getting a Ipod Touch tomorrow. Is there any accessories i should get? Like a screenprotector or something?
    Also, i'm thinking about jailbreaking it, what's good with it and what's bad?

Thanks for your time.

/Lord Hypnos
  2. SeeFreaky

SeeFreaky New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I suggest you wait until the end of the week to get a touch, since the apple event IS on Tuesday, but if not, you should get a case, a screen protector, and a better pair of headphones. The Apple headphones don't have the best build quality.

About jailbreaking, I suggest jailbreaking version 2.0. You get both jailbreak apps, and the AppStore. What's good about jailbreaking is that you can do more with your touch than what apple originally intended. What's bad is that jailbreaking 2.0 can take a bit of time if you're using WinPwn or Pwnage Tool. I'd also like to mention that a jailbroken version 1.1.4 has many more jailbreak apps than a jailbroken 2.0.
  3. Nystrom jr

Nystrom jr New Member

I would say WAIT DONT BUY TOUCH they are realeasing the new one soon! Screensaver is a good thing, About jailbreaking lets see it this way..
    Non jailbreaking itouch = A pizza whitout cheese

So jailbreaking is amazing its safe and its easy i jailbreak my itouch last christmas and its the best i ever done whith it , U MOST doit and if u think its hard give it a try and let is change your mind

Please Register or Log in to view images

About neew iTouch
    http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95818
    http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95137
  4. Blake

Blake Super Moderator Emeritus

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Do NOT buy a new touch unless you could absolutely,positively, not care about an updated one.
  5. Lord-Hypnos

Lord-Hypnos New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Okay, then I'll wait until tuesday and see if a new one is released. I don't think I'll jailbreak it the first thing i do either, I have to know what the hell I am doing before.
  6. bohemian03

bohemian03 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    yea wait till the new one is released.
  7. Lord-Hypnos

Lord-Hypnos New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    IF they release a new one I think that I'm still going to buy the old one if the new isn't überwtfpwnage.
  8. ThatiPodGuy

ThatiPodGuy New Member

All I can say is chill for a little while and wait till the new one comes out there should be bigger storage for the same price it my have speakers on the outside and it will look a little more like the iPhone 3g
    dude... it will be jailbreakable... just wait, trust me
  9. Masky64

Masky64 New Member

Don't get it now, wait till the end of the week to get it. The new version of the touch will be out then.
  10. Dave C

Dave C New Member

Just because the event is on Tuesday, doesn't mean the new generation Touch will be out immediately. Could still be several weeks away....

I doubt Steve's going to say on Tuesday go to your local WalMart/Best Buy and the new generation Touch will already be in stores....