Buying a 16GB 2G Touch tomorrow, help needed FAST!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Ryuukumori, Dec 29, 2008.

1. Ryuukumori

Ryuukumori New Member

Okay, I know I made a thread on this already about the best place to buy, and I have finalized I am buying from a retail store. Saves time to wait for shipping and all. I have ONLY ONE QUESTION!

Someone mentioned earlier today that they got a 16GB 2G for $300 at Target with a free $50 iTunes card. I do not see this on Target's website. Are they offering it?

Other than that, I am set. I have the money, and I'm gonna buy finally, after over a year and 2 months without an iPod Touch.

Ultimately, I want to purchase an iPod Touch 16GB 2G with a little extra deal, since it's right after the holidays. I will buy a clear hard case on my own time. Thanks.
  2. alibeatyou

alibeatyou New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Almost positive targets not doing that anymore. If you buy a 32gb from ..i dont remember where... you can get a free ipod shuffle. Pretty much all good deals in stores were before christmas
  3. BaseballMVP755

BaseballMVP755 Banned

no.. there is though an offer at bestbuy for a free 15$giftcard wit the purchase of a 16gb 1g.. im not sure about the target deal though, call them and ask
  4. MarcoPwnZ

MarcoPwnZ New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Well just to tell u the cheapest price for a 16 gig is prob 299$ plus tax etc... 300+

and other stuff about the gift cards im not so sure
  5. alibeatyou

alibeatyou New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    He wants a 2g so the thing at bestbuy doesn't really apply
  6. Ryuukumori

Ryuukumori New Member

This sucks!

I could save $20 buying from Amazon, but I don't wanna wait 5-9 days with free shipping.
    I called my local Target and they said the deal w/ the $50 iTunes cards isn't offered anymore. Damnit!
    They did say they offer a 1GB Suffle for free with the purchase of the 32 GB Touch. Maybe I could sell it? Psh, I wouldn't get full price for it though. Lame!

So, is there a chance near MacWorld 09 for some deals?
  7. alibeatyou

alibeatyou New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Maybe you could wait for a deal. Or just buy it and not worry about getting a deal because atleast you'll have it. You could keep the shuffle and give it to a friend or family member for christmas (next christmas?) or a birthday. Or for valentines day to someone haha. Or try to sell it to someone at school for like thirty bucks.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    You'd get more gigs that way.
  8. Ryuukumori

Ryuukumori New Member

Yeah 32GB would be awesome, I could fill up more than I could if I managed with a 16. I have too much media. XD

But the price... erm... just really high. Add tax and a hard case, and I've already spent a lot! This is my only true splurge, before I have to be a very conservative college student.

Please Register or Log in to view images

What do you think? Maybe I could talk the Target people into the shuffle deal with a 16GB? I doubt it, it's only to attract the higher end model. Is it possible, even if Target employees don't work on commission? (Maybe electronic ones do?)

Valentines day, huh? I've got a really good idea with that one...

Please Register or Log in to view images

There's this girl I know... lol. I think she already has an iPod though.
  9. alibeatyou

alibeatyou New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    get a pink one or find out her favorite color, i'm a girl and i'd think that was cute... since target is a chain store they wouldnt be able to do it for the 16 gig
  10. Ryuukumori

Ryuukumori New Member

lol yeah.

Did you buy your 32 Gig with a special deal like this, or not?

It's just hard to buy when I don't have a steady income. Had a summer job for 2 years, bought a car, and now this.