Buy it now, or wait?...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by JadeTigress, Apr 16, 2009.

1. JadeTigress

JadeTigress New Member

Hi, everyone. I'm a n00b.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Since I can't afford the monthly bill for an iPhone, I've had my eye on an itouch for a long, long time. I'm prepared to walk into the store tomorrow and buy one (now that I finally have a job), but then I stopped and thought, "Wait...is there going to be a new one in September?" If I bought it now, and then a new one comes out in a few months, I'm going to wish I had waited and bought the new one.

So do you guys think? Do you think there will be a new one, or should I go ahead and buy the 2G?
  2. Duykur

Duykur Banned

If apple continues in it's tradition, the new iPod will be out September-November, which is quite a while away, I suggest you get one.
  3. kzr22

kzr22 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    there is a new one coming out its been confirmed. Even if your gonna go with the 2g you should definatley wait tell the 3g release because the 2g well be MUCH cheaper
  4. Brewstermax

Brewstermax New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Ok. There is a very simple problem wrong with people today. If you want to buy something, but can't stand when the next best thing comes out, be prepared for one of several things:

Wait and buy that next best thing, to only have it replaced a year later.
    Buy it, and realize that that next best thing, isn't really that much better.
    Buy it, and think that it is SOOOO much better, and go buy it too.

There are your options. If you can't live with this iPod, then you shouldn't be buying one. Period. You should wait, only to have it replaced again. You have to decide. Not us. We could give a long, detailed review of the 2G, or you can realize that the 3G won't be able to add anything. The biggest updates are software based, which you can get on the 2G, and the 1G. Do whatever you can live with.
  5. JadeTigress

JadeTigress New Member

Woah there. I'm not one of those people who has to have every new gadget the day it comes out. If the release for the new one was further away, I'd go ahead and buy the 2G and not even think about it. But since it's this close, I might as well wait for the new one. And I don't plan on replacing it every time a new one comes out. I'm not made of money.
  6. culater88

culater88 New Member

I just got a brand new sealed 32gb 2g for a really good price, try that first and you might pick one up, similar to Ebay, be patient and search daily.