Buy Ipod Touch Now or Later?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by munchie, Oct 8, 2007.

1. munchie

munchie New Member

I was just wondering if I should buy a ipod touch now or wait for all the bugs to get fixed. As well I was wondering if their was any mention of a newer version of the touch. I just dont want to buy one then like 6 months later some new version or better version comes out. Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Thanks
  2. Roger555

Roger555 New Member

They will probably be a new one out after christmas i heard they were gonna release a 32gig touch around January. close to the new iphone 2.0. I was in the same boat as you i wanted to wait but just couldn't i wanted it to bad to wait i buy my stuff at best buy and buy the warranty so like i did with previous ipods i break them right after the new version is out then go get my new ipod!! but don't try this at home kids.
  3. Clackpot

Clackpot New Member

I bought mine.. happy since!!!
  4. Andy Huang

Andy Huang Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Buy one now, sell it later as the rumours for second gen start to float, and buy a second gen as soon as it comes out; dur

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. itouchedatouch

itouchedatouch New Member

Roger555 I do the exact same thing as you lol. I did it with my PSP to get the new slim, I did it with my nano to get the newer one, and I will do it with my touch too lol.
  6. plg6067

plg6067 New Member

I hear there will be a $100 price drop in a couple months
  7. jason724

jason724 New Member

Rumors rumors rumors. There will not be a price drop, and there is not another iPod touch coming out, at least not within the next 6 months. I could imagine an announcement of a new ipod in around 8 months or so. I would say it'd be a safe bet to buy an ipod touch now. Remember... this is apple we're talking about, they don't like to release products as often as other companies, especially if one is already doing well.
  8. Vasily

Vasily Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    IMO if apple releases a new touch in January like someone said, 99% of customers won't be happy (obviously) and apple will have to replace them. That would be a really dumb thing to do.
  9. Bsbllnumber24

Bsbllnumber24 New Member

i agree. that would be just like what they did with the iphone. and now their giving early iphone owners 100 bucks to spend on apple.com. so i dont forsee their being a price drop or anything new to the touch.

and remember people. this is the ipod touch were talkin about here. all they have to do is put a new soft ware update on itunes if they think of anything new.
  10. munchie

munchie New Member

ok, im picking one up this weekend,, stooooked.