Buy iPod Touch 4g or wait for iPad 2G ?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by MiPad, Oct 23, 2010.

1. MiPad

MiPad New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    After christmas I will have enough money for an iPad or an iPod touch 4g but obviously Im not going to buy an iPad after christmas because the iPad 2g will be coming out soon. Im assuming the iPad 2g will have an upgraded processor, back camera , front camera , facetime , and retina display. Should I wait for the iPad 2g to come out or buy the iPod Touch 4G. Also, will the iPad be released in like January or like March ?

Thanks,
    MiPad
  2. Peebs

Peebs New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I doubt it would have a retina display, that would be amazing, but it doesn't need it anyways, i would wait for the iPad 2G.
  3. TechDudeGeorge

TechDudeGeorge Active Member

I'd say it will have:

* A4 or slightly better, since all the devices atm are on A4. They might just mod it to rid the exploit.
    * Same RAM or upgrade to the 512mb in the iPhone 4.
    * Better screen, not retina but something like the new Macbook Air got. Just higher quality.
    * Front camera (Same resolution as iPhone/iPod) but maybe a little better with FaceTime. Maybe a back-facing camera around 3mp.
    * Preloaded with 4.2/Maybe 4.3.

And will likely release around Q1 2011. But if I were you I would go with the iPod Touch as it's more portable.
  4. Eddiewattz

Eddiewattz Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    I've been wondering about this aswell. I have a 4g right now but I'm still within my return period and I came up on a few extra benjamins (with 4 kids that rarely happens haha), so I've been thinking if I should get a current iPad and just flip it when the next gen comes out, or stick with my 4g (I do like having a camera for videos, and the portability is just crazy).

But as far as features, I highly doubt it will have a back camera on the iPad 2g (ipad is kinda big to be trying to shoot some video on, imagine how many more accidental drops will happen (second thought, that might be good for apple so who knows ) ).

I pretty much agree with the dude above except on a few points

I'd say if anything it will have more memory obviously, either 512 or more (comon now, a cellphone with more memory than a tablet / netbook, yea right).

Better screen
    Lighter in weight, maybe to about 1lb
    Less "black area" thats located around the screen (to me, as of right now it looks kinda gaudy)
    Different back design (more iphone 4ish, flat)
    Front camera 1mp or more
  5. Ryuzaki

Ryuzaki Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Depends on what you use your iDevices for.

If you want ultra-portable get ipg4g.

But honestly I'd wait until January just to see what happens.
  6. MiPad

MiPad New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    thanks for all the advice ! i am going to wait till january and see what the features are and base my decision on that
  7. ShizerMonkey

ShizerMonkey Banned

Device:
    iPad
    iPad. Apple always include something special/big in their 2nd gen devices. I know for one I'll be getting the 2g iPad.
  8. JLick

JLick Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Gogo iPt4.

My mom was thinking of getting a iPad, but I told her to wait till the next gen comes out.

But still...get the iPt4!