Buy Apps with Paypal from US

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by skalover89, Jul 15, 2008.

1. skalover89

skalover89 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Is anyone able to buy apps from the apps store using their Paypal account? I'm from the U.S. and my Paypal account keeps getting declined by iTunes. Now at first I didn't realize that the credit card on my Paypal had expired and I forgot to updated it to the new one, but I had enough in my checking account anyway. I've already updated the credit card information on Paypal and I'm still getting declined. Are we not able to use anything other than a credit card? I could use a credit card to purchase but that is not the point. Paypal is connected to both my credit card and my checking account. Apple offers it as a payment option and should therefore uphold it as such.
  2. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I emailed Apple Support in regards to this question, I'm awaiting a response.

I'll let you know when I've received the response.
  3. Jharrelson140

Jharrelson140 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I tried that and it worked for me.
  4. Bobby Lee

Bobby Lee New Member

PayPal

I use PayPal and do have a current credit card on file along with my bank account but I usually have a PayPal balance on hand (From eBay sales) and it automatically takes it from there. But I don't see why you would have a problem it all your stuff is up to date. Have you tried deleting PayPal from your iTunes account and then reinstating it?
  5. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Apple Support confirmed that PayPal is a valid method of purchasing applications from the App Store.
  6. skalover89

skalover89 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Thanks for the replies guys, in my frustration I just added the credit card that my Paypal is linked to just to get the apps I wanted. I'm now the proud owner of that dice poker game and bomberman. I may revert back to Paypal and try again to see if it will work. Oh on another topic, does anyone know of any music apps in the app store that streams shoutcast stations AND lets you add you own? There is a particular European station I want to listen to but it is usually not listed in general genres. Please let me know if anyone comes across one.

Thanks!