Buy an Ipod touch now or wait ?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by saveyourskin, May 10, 2008.

1. saveyourskin

saveyourskin New Member

hello, i`m from argentina, and i want to buy an ipod touch (16 or 32gb), but, since there is not Itunes music store in argentina, I think that there is no way to "legally" update my ipod touch to 2.0 firmware when it`s released, even if I want to pay for it.

Someone could tell me if ther is a workaround to this?
    Since 2.0 firmware will be released in mid june aprox, maybe i could get a new 2.0 ipod touch in july/agost aprox, but i donĀ“t want to wait so much time,

someone knows if i can download free applications for the 2.0 firmware in the itunes app store from outside US? or if there is a way to open a Itunes account in US with my international Creditcard, so i can buy the updat and apps?

please, I will apreciate suggestions and comments.

thanks.
  2. snipa

snipa Banned

Just order an iPod Touch from ebay or any other online store that is selling the US version. Then, when the 2.0 upgrade is released, you can just download the upgrade via itunes or apple.com and flash it to your iPod Touch with no problems. However, I recommend until the 2.0 jailbreak is perfected with pwnage tool before updating when the official 2.0 is released.

About the apps, you should be able to purchase them fine...if not, there is always installer for apps.
  3. flattop95

flattop95 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    i suggest that you wait, since you can't access itunes
  4. JonnySK

JonnySK Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    well it depends on your interests...

• you could get one just to plain jailbreak it now (In the meantime)....and have fun with games etc....and wait for itunes music store to be released....
    • or you could wait and NOT have an iPod touch until itunes music store is available to you
  5. frnkyn

frnkyn Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    WAIT i bet they're gonna release like a 64 gb ipod touch for like $2000

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. Freefall

Freefall New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    hmm, i donno i would proably wait but here in Aus we have an iTunes Store
  7. organerito

organerito New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    or a 128GB for 10000 dollars
  8. Monopato

Monopato New Member

Im from Chile dude, and like you, I wondered the same. But then I thought that I even if i bought an iPod with 2.0 from factory, i wouldnt be able to buy Apps anyway, same as music, since we don't get iTunes Store down here. If you still want 2.0 though, I'd recommend you getting it, and then buying things with those Prepay Cards.... get me? Im not really sure if that'd work around it, but it's my best thought.

Or get one now with a safely hackeable firmware. Right now im 1.1.2, perfectly happy. Guess we need to wait and see if someone can hack apps and the firmware 2.0, and if there's a way of getting it without paying.

(There is, but it's ilegal

Please Register or Log in to view images

)

Regards from the other side of the Cordillera de los Andes!
  9. ddgv

ddgv Well-Known Member

hola muchacho....pues no vas a comprar nada de itunes si no tienes tienda de itunes en argentina... yo tengo mi cuenta q usa constantemente cuando vivia en floria pero cuando me mude a mexico en enero ya no puedo comprar nada y ni siquiera bajar los podcasts en los q tenia subscripcion..... bueno entonces tienes dos opciones como yo lo veo.. compras uno ahora y esperas a q la comunidad de hackers haga su trabajo y libere 2.0 para todos... (si vas a poder bajarlo en itunes en argentina pero no vas a poder usar las cosas q se tienen q pagar) pero una vez q este hackeado pues ya vas a poder acceder a los beneficios de 2.0 ... lo q si no se es si al final vas a poder comprar las cosas del app store ya q argentina no tiene itunes online store....

bueno espero q esto te responda a tus preguntas... y suerte con la desicion

PS I know i know that this is not the spanish section but since he is from argentina i think is better for me to communicate in our language.... anyways.. peace to you all
  10. fuzzie12

fuzzie12 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hm... If the do, and it's at a reasonable price, I'd kill myself.