Buy an iPod now?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by xLucky7, Jul 24, 2008.

1. xLucky7

xLucky7 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Ok im thinkin on gettin a iPod Touch soon when i get payed but should i buy it now or wait till later if they come out with a new one? I dont think i could wait even if they were coming out with a new one

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. royalblue

royalblue Banned

Device:
    iPhone
    you could always sell it if there is a new one with breathtaking features that are worth upgrading to. i personally dont see much else apple could improve on hardware wise, most of my gripes could be solved with a firmware update. the most they could do in my opinion would be a price drop and new colors, which doesn't matter much to me, cause i got mine for a good price, and you can buy a case or skin to get a different color

i have a skin from decal girl coming in the mail i just ordered it today in fact
  3. iamaho

iamaho New Member

I debated whether to wait till the new release or buy one now, and in the end, I bought one just this past week - refurbished via Apple Store for a great discount.

The way I see it is that since the iPhone 3G (which is supposed to be the super phone) came out, we all realized that Apple didn't really improve much upon it as compared to the 2G version... and one would expect Apple to throw in everything and the kitchen sink to impress the world, and this is the best they could come up with...

hence, they can't really come up with much else for the Touch... so for me, waiting wouldn't make any more sense anymore... I was disappointed with the 3G iPhone's capabilities, and I have very low expectations for the 2nd generation of the Touch...
  4. saz25

saz25 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hi,
    Wouldn't you expect a second gereration Touch based on the new iPhone platform? For example, hardware-wise the iPhone 3G vs the original 2G model is supposedly thinner with better battery power. True?

So wouldn't we expect a new Touch based on the 3G hardware ?
    Thanks,
    Steve
  5. iamaho

iamaho New Member

While there may be some benefits of waiting for the 2nd generation Touch, I don't see the benefits outweighing the great discounts offered right now.

And in reading of all the battery problems that the 3G iPhone is having now, my confidence in improved battery power is very low...
  6. exit1010

exit1010 Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    well i would wait till christmas. there might be a new ipod gen.
  7. hotwater10

hotwater10 Banned

no there wont......they realese all there products in secp. so it will be in prime at christmas
  8. JBknights10

JBknights10 New Member

Just got mine today!

9. ChikityChinaGuy

ChikityChinaGuy New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    ill sell you mine
  10. ipod_touch

ipod_touch New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I would say that you should wait. With all theese rumors of a new iPod touch comming out Waiting for a month would make sense because it could have new features or there mightbe a price drop. Also if u wait till September to get it then there would be more usefull apps in the app store plus if there's a price drop then u can use that money to buy more apps. It's better to wait than regret later