Buy a Mac, get an iPod Touch question...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by GeneralDuctape, Jul 21, 2010.

1. GeneralDuctape

GeneralDuctape New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hey all. Wow, it's been a long time since I've posted on here... Anyways.

I got my 15" MacBook Pro for college last Thursday, and of course took advantage of the $200 rebate on the iPod Touch. I went ahead and got the 8 gig, assuming (yes without reading the little asteris) that it would be a 3rd Generation. I got it in the mail, and the FIRST thing I noticed was the model number on the back; A1288. Needless to say I wasn't pleased about this at all because I paid $200 for an iPod that is essentially old technology.

So I guess my question is if I can do anything with Apple to get a 3rd Generation? Or if I wanted a 3G, would I just have to pay the extra $100 to get the 32gig?
  2. Isaac

Isaac Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Wow. I KNEW something was wrong with that deal.

I suppose that might be right..
  3. crovian

crovian Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Ya I don't think there's anything you can do to get the newer version unless you buy it separately.

The reason why this deal exists is because apple wants to get rid of 'old' ipod touch before the new ones come out in september and if I remember correctly, the mac+ipod deal only last until september
  4. KerrWasHere

KerrWasHere Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    when you buy the laptop online there is an option to pick which ipod you want, you can even pick from more than just the touch.
  5. GeneralDuctape

GeneralDuctape New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I was aware that you could pick other iPods, but I figured since I had a pretty worn out 1st gen touch that I'd grab a new one. The 32G and 64G are the 3rd gens, just not the 8 gig. Oh well. I might see if I can send it in with $100 and grab the 32 gig, but I'll think about it.
  6. KerrWasHere

KerrWasHere Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    the 3g 8gb and the 2g 8gb are the same thing cept the 2g can be jailbroken easier