Buuf 2, Mismatch

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by TariLuinwe, Mar 30, 2009.

1. TariLuinwe

TariLuinwe New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I restored my iPod to untether it. I was able to install the Buuf 2 theme before, but now I'm getting a "mismatch" error. By searching I found THIS download site for the theme. My problem is this...How do I get the theme installed on my iPod? I have never SSH'd onto my iPod before, but would be willing to try if I knew where to put everything and what I needed to set the permissions to.

Thank you in advance,

Tari
  2. awal

awal Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Themes need to be dropped in /private/var/stash/Themes.xxxxxx

Do you know how to SSH, what you need, etc.?
  3. TariLuinwe

TariLuinwe New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I do know how to SSH. It's almost like FTP'ing and when I ran my personal website, I spent a LOT of time doing that but that's been a few years ago.

When I do SSH the theme, what do I need to set the permissions to? Also, will I need to unpack it on my computer before I upload it to the iPod?

Thank you for your time,

Tari
  4. Achy9

Achy9 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Go into /private/var/stash/Themes.xxxxxx like awal1190 said, and drop the items in there.
    Yes, they do need to be unpacked (unzipped) before they go in your themes folder.
    My permissions are 0755.
    Make sure you have Winterboard..After you SSH, Respring your phone and apply the theme in Winterboard.
  5. Buuf2themehelpplzthx

Buuf2themehelpplzthx New Member

ummm help me too plz

Please Register or Log in to view images

hi ive been trying to get the Buuf2 Theme for weeks and i get the MD5Sum mismatch error so i downloaded the link that the first post downloaded but i do not know how to get the theme onto my iPod. Cause i dont know wat SSH and stuff like that r plz help thx!

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. frickinchance113

frickinchance113 Banned

i have this problem too!!!!
  7. 1YNQMWQVHZ

1YNQMWQVHZ Active Member

Same thing. I didn't really want to get this theme, I wanted to try it because someone told me about it, but... It just doesn't work.