button problem and warranty question

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ticktank, Jul 18, 2009.

1. ticktank

ticktank New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    hi everone this is my first post but ive been coming to the site since january and never saw any point in making an account untill now

So about 2 months ago the sleep/wake button on my ipod touch 2g wore out as in it no longer makes a click feel once pressed in, it also doesnt stick out from the top and lays pretty much level with the metal around it.
    The button still works if its pressed rather hard (tho its pretty much impossible to hold it down to reset >.<)

i was wondering if this problem would be covered by my warranty and im asking here because theres nothing about the buttons on their website and was wondering if some one here has had this problem or knows about the warranty

thank you all in advance

Please Register or Log in to view images

oh and i haven't posted since now because i hadnt realized how impossible it was to reset my ipod untill a few days ago because i hadnt had a reason to do so untill it froze after the home button didnt want to work while i was trying to exit from an app(which i am also concerned about)
  2. onyieff

onyieff New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Same thing happened to me. You should be able to go to an apple store and return it. They gave me a new one.
  3. iTouchGuru

iTouchGuru New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    If your iPod is jailbroken, we need to get it into DFU Mode.

Make sure your iPod is ON, and plug it into a computer.
    Press and hold power/home button for 10 seconds until shutoff.
    (Use a paperclip if your button doesnt wanna hold)
    Now release the bloody power button and hold home until you hear a chime on your computer.
    Release the home button.
    Restore to original firmware.

Now take it to an apple store.

P.S - If it wasnt jailbroken, just take it to the Apple Store, if youre still under your 2 yr warranty theyll cover it as a hardware failure.. You might even get a new one.
  4. ticktank

ticktank New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    its a relief to hear its covered lol
    and it isss jailbroken so ill be sure to restore it before i take it in
    thanks for the help

Please Register or Log in to view images