:'( busted iPod

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Blaze_Blaster, Apr 29, 2008.

1. Blaze_Blaster

Blaze_Blaster Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    well just for the fun of it i was holding down the home button when my ipod was booting up, after it crashed from an app, and suddenly the connect to itunes logo appears. anyway to get out of it? i tried boot in normal mode from ziphone but it's a no go. it just boots it back to the connect to itunes. please i need help cause i dont want a restore.
  2. Monkey Jam

Monkey Jam New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    turn it off, plug in while holding home use ZiPhone to re-boot in normal mode
    if that fails use iBackup to bacup apps etc (use SSH to delete SB and customize in either root/library or mobile/library) then restore
  3. Blaze_Blaster

Blaze_Blaster Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    SSH wont work though...
  4. Majik

Majik New Member

You have to restore because you put it in restore mode unless you have a backup. srry :\
  5. Blaze_Blaster

Blaze_Blaster Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Can i not make a backup with ibackup plus us iphonepcsuite to delete customize/summerboard? edit: :'( iphonepcsuite doesnt detect it
  6. Majik

Majik New Member

it doesnt detect it because the iPod isn't running anything but a restoration console, so you can restore then firmware\hardware
  7. Blaze_Blaster

Blaze_Blaster Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    But then i must reload all of my songs/apps which will take days with my slow usb port
  8. Majik

Majik New Member

i know it sucks dude, but thats the only way i can think of. I did this before too and had to restore and i lost about $20 because i bought stuff from the iTunes store on a different computer. If you really dont want to take the time to reload your songs and stuff on, just wait a while and see if anyone else has a solution.
  9. eraserhead

eraserhead New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    You are in Restore Mode now...you can't make a backup, you will have to restore. There is a sticky at the top of the page.

http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2790

Just out of curiosity...why would you hold the home button down "for the fun of it"?

Haven't you had to force your iPod Touch into Restore Mode before?
  10. Blaze_Blaster

Blaze_Blaster Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    DAMN so i lost my "crips theme" + a lot of time in pokemon quartz + the pictures i stole from the aqwoah theme
    EDIT: MAJOR DEVELOPMENT I CANT RESTORE IT CANT CONNECT AFTER THE RESTORE SO ALL I SEE IS CONNECT TO ITUNES LOGO PLUS BATTERY!!