Businesses looking toward the iPad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Zc456, Mar 24, 2010.

1. Zc456

Zc456 Member

I found one news article that say business are ordering the iPad in numbers stating they'd be using it when working on the the go.

So, tell me, how is this NOT productivity device? Because every time someone mentions the Courier, its praised for doing just that, while the iPad is said to be "consumption." I mean hello how is iWork, for example, not productivity? I'd mention more apps of the same kind buuut the iPad isn't out yet. Go figure.

Anyway full article right here: http://www.businessweek.com/technology/content/mar2010/tc20100323_888275.htm
  2. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    I agree, I could do some work with an iPad, but I'd need its keyboard attachment.
  3. cowboyshootist

cowboyshootist New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Well I don't know the Courier but for me the lack of pen input is a big issue. I don't really want to try and draw technical diagrams with my finger. Also, you're not going to get much in the way of notes due to the virtual keyboard and the fact that the back is not flat so the device won't lie flat on a table while you attempt to type.

I would also wonder how integrated it will be with Microsoft products like Exchage or MS CRM? Those are critical apps for me and if the tablet can't access that info directly it's a non-starter.

I have wanted a true tablet for several years now. I had hoped that Apple would come through but so far as I can tell it's a half effort. I may be wrong and you may see me with an iPad in my hands soon but it just seems close but no cigar to me.