Burning CD's...

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by brendanm, Dec 22, 2009.

1. brendanm

brendanm New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Hey,

So I'm getting geared up for driving, and the biggest part is making all my CD's. Anyway, usually I can troubleshoot and resolve my own PC problems but this is a huge problem, and I've tried just about everything I can think of. So, I've been working at this for a day or so now and I'm gonna lay it all out for you..

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit
    iTunes version: Latest & 64-Bit installed
    Problem: I've been trying to burn CD's, I usually leave as it goes because I got other things to do this morning and yesterday then just sit here and watch it burn... Anyway, when I come back it say's it's completed, I try and play some song's to check and for example.. This CD has 25 songs, I kept checking each song all the way to 17, then iTunes freezes and closes, I tried in Windows Media Player and the same thing happened.

Sometimes iTunes wouldn't close, so I did two things: Chucked the CD, and I had to do the CTRL+ALT+DELETE... In the task manager, when I ended the process, it had *32 beside it. This leads me to believe it's not using the 64-Bit version of iTunes? My problem was I installed the 32-Bit version before the 64-Bit version and it told me I had to upgrade to the 64-Bit version before I can sync my devices and so on, so I did... And I can sync and everything, I just can't burn CD's properly. It did this on all my CD's so far now, so I'm getting a little frustrated.

Thanks for any help,
    Brendan
  2. raisacombs

raisacombs New Member

Burning CD

I am having trouble burning CDs. I've tried it in Itunes but when I put the disk in before I hit burn and then it dies like it's burning, then it says insert a blank disk. I set the speed to what the CD says. Do I need burning software? I have a Windows XP Home Edition Toshiba Laptop. I really need to burn some CDs.
  3. brendanm

brendanm New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    I've resolved this problem, it was a combination of the discs and another program conflicting with the drive for some reason, it's fixed now though.

To you raisacombs:

Your issue is either the disc, or the drive. I'm guessing the drive.. This happened in my old Toshiba Satellite A215-S7428. Now I'm on a Toshiba Satellite Pro L500/D