Bungie Partners With Activision

Discussion in 'Console & PC Gaming' started by qaiz, Apr 29, 2010.

1. qaiz

qaiz Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)

Please Register or Log in to view images

Bungie has just announced a deal with Activision Blizzard, spanning some ten years, that will see the publishing giant releasing the Halo developer's next big franchise.

Bungie's President Harold Ryan explained more about the announcement, stating "We chose to partner with Activision on our next IP because of their global reach, multi-platform experience and marketing expertise, From working together over the past nine months on this agreement, it is clear that Activision supports our commitment to giving our fans the best possible gaming experiences."

Bungie is currently at work on Halo: Reach, a game that's now looking ever more likely to be its last entry in the Halo franchise.

The deal gives Activision the rights to publish Bungie's games for the next 10 years across multiple format, although Bungie remains independent and will still own its own intellectual property.

"Bungie has developed some of the most compelling and successful games, multiplayer experiences and thriving fan communities, and this alliance underscores our long-standing commitment to foster the industry's best creative talent," said Activision Blizzard's COO Thomas Tippl, "Our unprecedented partnership with Bungie will enable us to broaden our pipeline of exciting new games as we continue to strengthen our industry position and pursue long-term growth opportunities."

What your thoughts and opinions on this after the whole ongoing Infinity ward fiasco?
  2. InaudibleWhisper

InaudibleWhisper Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Meh, I was worried when I first heard the news (as a big fan of Bungie, and a hater of Activision) but Bungie are staying as an independent studio with full control over their IP's and games. Activision are essentially funding their games, taking a cut of the profits. They haven't bought the studio with ultimate control over it, as they did with Infinity Ward, they're simply their publisher.
  3. paintball25x

paintball25x New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Well I wonder if this means halo will be on other platforms and not just 360 or PC. I am a huge halo fan and I think that it would be kinda cool to see a ps3 halo.
  4. iTz-zAcKoMg

iTz-zAcKoMg New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I doubt that will ever happen. Halo is Xbox's biggest selling game. And to put that on PS3 would take sooo many sales away. Playing Halo 3 with FREE Playstation Network? Yeah...
  5. InaudibleWhisper

InaudibleWhisper Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Halo is fully owned by Microsoft, so you will never see it on another console. This will apply to any new Bungie IP's and games they make in the future.
  6. Led

Led Banned

Can't wait to see what Bungie is going to do after halo. I hope it will be multiplatform
  7. NayLoMo6C

NayLoMo6C New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Master Chief fights along side with the Allied forces in the Pacific...

That's what they're new game would be all about

8. ZalK

ZalK New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    putting halo on the ps3 would take a major amount of xbox sales and live subscriptions from microsoft definitly.
  9. deadlyvirus

deadlyvirus New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Booo, everyone knows Activision is run by Russian zombie alien Nazi ghosts.
  10. b-mac 39

b-mac 39 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Well, there goes halo. Reach looks like the last one I'll buy.