Bumper scratched my iPhone 4!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kevind123, Aug 26, 2010.

1. kevind123

kevind123 Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    I took my bumper off today when I saw on google news that it scratched some peoples iPhones, and mine is scratched. Will apple replace it?!
  2. Lux2GS

Lux2GS Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Nah. You are responsible for what you put on your iPhone. If you decide to put a bumper on it, and it scratches it, it's your fault, so apple won't replace.
  3. Honda

Honda Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    LOL... Apple won't replace your iPhone just cause it's scratch.
  4. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

I read this post:
    3rd to last post on this page

I obviously can't confirm or deny this, all I can say is to contact Apple and see what they say.
  5. fraggle768

fraggle768 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Well I'd give it a try if it's a free bumper from Apple because of "Antennagate":

My argumentation:
    The bumper is needed because of the antenna problems, otherwise they won't give it away for free. Now say you needed to put the phone into a dock (e.g. for audio playback). So you need to remove the bumper. If the bumper construction is so poor that it CAN scratch the phone, it's the bumpers fault, not the users.

Since a scratch reduces the device value (maybe for later reselling), a scratch is not acceptable, thus the device should be replaced at no cost.
  6. kevind123

kevind123 Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Exactly, I actually bought the bumper on the first day (June 24th) and I kept it on my iPhone ever since, it hasn't been out of the bumper. I plan on taking the iPhone and the bumper back to Apple next time I'm at the mall and telling them to get a new one.
  7. Lux2GS

Lux2GS Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Do it, you won't get a replacement because of a scratch, of which you have no proof that the bumper did.
  8. kevind123

kevind123 Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Someone from Apple said differently. I have never dropped my phone, and the front and back don't have any scratches, just the bumper, which ruined my perfectly conditioned iPhone.
  9. Ezekeel

Ezekeel New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    So this steel frame praised by Stevie boy as being made from this totally awesome durable customized magical alloy gets scratched by a rubber case? And the fail streak continues... LMAO
  10. dunuck

dunuck Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    meh.. i never liked those ugly bumpers
    When i get my iPhone 4 all, i am going to use is a Crystal clear film for the screen, and Zagg sides coverage for the anntenagate