Building Website.

Discussion in 'Computing, Science, and Technology' started by Invisible Man, Jul 7, 2010.

1. Invisible Man

Invisible Man Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I am wanting to build a website that is designed for the iphone/ipod on 4.0 iOS.

I was wanting to have streaming video's on it but it's harder than i thought. I will try explain as much as I can.

the website is going to be a bit like youtube. where you click on a video and it loads the player on iPhone/iPod and plays the video. I don't know how to get it to work though. what formats to use ect, because from what I know youtube uses flash video's but the iPhone/Ipod doesn't support flash but suports .mov files so how would I get my flash video's working on a stream on the iPhone.

Can anyone help or point me in the right direction.

Thanks, Invisible Man
  2. Ari.

Ari. Active Member

Device:
    iPad
  3. lukage

lukage New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    you want to convert them to MP4
  4. Mz8691

Mz8691 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Java, QT, PHP/HTML5, xml. No flash. GIF animations if needed. and needs to be half vga format 320x480, or any size.. make sure its x320 tho.
  5. Invisible Man

Invisible Man Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    So are all Youtube video's automatically converted to MP4/QT format to support the quick time player on iPhone/iPod?

And is they a script/plugin that converts a flash stream into MP4 when someone clicks play. so to describe more:

website> flash movie> click play> script activates> streams to iPhone MP4> QuickTime opens and plays stream.
  6. ak1knight

ak1knight New Member

No, every Youtube video has a mp4 version created when it's uploaded, you can even see it in your normal browser by adding a code to the end of the url of a Youtube video iirc.