Building the theme

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by krisis, Feb 16, 2008.

1. krisis

krisis New Member

If you got all the meterials for making a theme(icons,bg,sliders) how do you put it together
  2. x6blues

x6blues New Member

so a custom theme? it should just be making a folder called "My Themes" or something like that then make sure ur icons are named appropriately, matching the name of the app, and the dock named "dock" and so forth. if u need any "references" look at this vid http://youtube.com/watch?v=fFXaLbeiSkI&feature=related, it is a little old so just remember the theme goes in var/mobile/Library/Summerboard

btw 4 ur slider u need to put those in customize, and all other things like that, just var/mobile/Library/Customize and then place it in its appropriate folder ex. MainSliderImages
  3. fr0z3nic3

fr0z3nic3 New Member

Dude, don't spoon feed people let them search first, once they have done such and found nothing, then we feed them there Gerber Apple Sauce..
  4. x6blues

x6blues New Member

well, the point of a forum is to help people out instead of being a douche and just saying "SEARCH", wouldnt it be nice to actually help some1 out instead of being a piece of sh*t to them?
  5. fr0z3nic3

fr0z3nic3 New Member

Yea, I'm not saying you were wrong, Im just saying let them search first cause theres a lot of useful threads here especially for topics like this.. I mean seriously they have an entire category ment for this topic for christ sake! Lol
  6. x6blues

x6blues New Member

yea, i see ur point but if a member was asking about 80 questions, then yes id tell them to search but one question, it isnt harmful to answer lol
  7. DeusMachina

DeusMachina Retired Moderator

Actually it is there for a reason. =/
  8. super51fan

super51fan Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    dont be like that just because you think you are cool by telling people to search doesnt mean you should tell everyone that
    help the person dont hang them on a limb
    btw make sure the icons folder has a capital "I"
  9. fr0z3nic3

fr0z3nic3 New Member

I already explained why I said that and it wasn't because I wanted to be cool.. Theres an entire flippin' category for this topic! Let him search first he might find something..
  10. Crypt

Crypt Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    so since noone seems to be answering him

'cept for higuys but he was wrong

make a folder called whatever the theme name is
    make a folder called Icons inside that one
    put all your icons in the Icons folder (and make sure they're named exactly what the app is called)
    your wallpaper = Wallpaper.png, stick it in the main folder
    dock (if it isn't built into the wallpaper) = Dock.png, stick it in the main folder
    status bar (if it isn't built into ze wallpaper) = StatusBar.png, stick it in the main folder