Building a pc

Discussion in 'Console & PC Gaming' started by SeanML100, Mar 23, 2009.

1. SeanML100

SeanML100 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Ok so i was thinking about building a pc sometime soon and i was wondering how much it costs on average to build one. What you need. Whats involed and all that kind of stuff. I wouldn't like to spend over 650 because im on a budget. Do you think i could build a nice computer with that budget and were do i get the parts? Or would i be better off buying a pc that is already made?

Thanks Sean
  2. Duykur

Duykur Banned

I would say i7, but thats prob $650 alone
  3. SeanML100

SeanML100 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Are there any pre made kits you just assemble?
  4. ZombieKiller

ZombieKiller Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Just study up on current parts, and making a list on what you might buy, and if you can actually buy it.

i7 would be a good CPU to get, but theyre kind of expensive... but can be overclocked like crazy.
  5. Duykur

Duykur Banned

Pre made kits are for lazy people, if you want to learn more, i suggest you start from scratch, a few hints,
    • choose the right power supply, not to much wattage, not too little
    • COOLING, make sure everything is cooled properly
    • drivers, install all drivers
    • set up the bois properly
    • make sure all you components are compatible with eachother
  6. Korea

Korea Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Building a Computer is pretty easy once you get the hang of it, usually after the first try.

To build a Computer, you need the following parts:
    1. Motherboard (Gigabyte is a good motherboard brand imo, its considered a budget mobo, or if you want higher end, Asus)
    2. Power Supply (Trust me get Antec)
    3. RAM (Memory) (Corsair is good quality and isn't pricy)
    4. Hard Drive (Not to sure....I just get any one with good reviews haha)
    5. A form of cooling system weather it be fans or a liquid cooling system.
    6. CPU (Central Processing Unit) The most expensive piece of your computer! (According to YOUR budget, I recommend the Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Processor)
    7. And a Video Card, get GeForce, their the best. Unless of course you want a stock one that comes with your motherboard lol, sometimes they don't come with an onboard one.....either way the onboard ones suck.

Anyways when you know a bit more about computers and you've done your research, go to newegg.com and Order your parts online from that website. They are the cheapest, best website for computer parts. Shipping a lot of the times is free for some items, and many items often have Mail-in-rebates. Living in Alaska, I have to pay high shipping prices, but if your in the United States, shipping is cheap. Good Luck!

You also have to make sure parts are compatible with each other. For example, older motherboards wont work with the Intel Core 2 Quad. Just look at the specification tab when looking at the specific merchandise on Newegg.com. And the motherboard comes with a Manual, you have to make sure you follow directions precisely.

You literally save HUNDREDS of dollars when you build your own computer. Takes me at most an hour or two.
  7. mrfajita

mrfajita New Member

My PC I built for about <$250 is very nice (to me, Im not a gamer so I don't have a nice GFX card)
    Pentium Dual Core E2200 2.2GHz
    2GB DDR2 800
    2x250GB Seagate SATA, 1x160GB Seagate SATA
    ASRock G31M-S motherboard
    A Plextor IDE DVD Burner (very nice)
    Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum sound card

I will upgrade the CPU to a C2D E8400 and may install a graphics card if I can get a job
  8. .Pandora.

.Pandora. Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Hey, I'll config a build for you kay? It's gonna be on newegg so make sure you're signed up..I might be too lazy to post pics.

www.newegg.com
  9. SeanML100

SeanML100 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    What happens if it dont got my state? And i dont have credit card
  10. Led

Led Banned

Buy from newegg. If you already have a monitor, keyboard/mouse, and OS then you can get a good computer for about 650. I'm saving for a good/great build and it's about 750 without a monitor, speakers, os, keyboard and mouse. Be sure to get a good power supply. I'll play around with some configurations.