Building a computer

Discussion in 'Computing, Science, and Technology' started by ivanlul, Dec 29, 2008.

1. ivanlul

ivanlul New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
  2. Redshift

Redshift New Member

Seems pretty good to me. Although, you shouldn't need a 750 watt power supply with that setup at all, from what I can tell 500 watts should be enough.

With that setup under 100% load and even with the processor overclocked to 2.8 GHz it probably wouldn't use any more than 400 watts.

So yeah, I'd suggest get a lower wattage PSU (500 watts is fine), it will save you money as well.

Here's some cheaper RAM too:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820211066
  3. ivanlul

ivanlul New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    It's 750 dollars now, sweet

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. Kukumber

Kukumber New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    You have some upgradable potential there. I'm really jeallous at the i7 motherboards though, why can't we have 775 boards with 6 RAM sockets?
  5. MikeBoi

MikeBoi New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    lol xD
  6. Cheat_Code

Cheat_Code Member

Device:
    iPhone
    ok ok ok
    1. no vista
    2. you can get a better deal besides that place
    3. LOOK AROUND
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    like this http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4138742&Sku=TSD-1500AS
    thats 1.5 TB!
    3.0gb sata 7200rmp same specs as urs just more space and cheeper
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    ok i made one the would be a even match to ur build for 552.89
    http://www.tigerdirect.com/sectors/wishlist/wishlist.asp?WishId=7BFF8BA4-CFF7-468A-B9EE-148FA8D2A477
    and if that dont work i made a fake login
    email :cody@itouch532.com
    pass :lol123
    have fun
  7. mattym

mattym New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Ok, so everything seems to be compatable. Just a few things i would change and some things to watch out for.

I noticed you opted for advanced colling on the processor. Thats always good especially cause those Quad Cores get hot. But you also have an inferior CPU seleced. You should try to opt in for a similar CPU but one that is 45nm Technology.

Now with your motherboard. You are putting RAM on that is not the "standard" while the DDR2 800's are compatable with the board, make sure you thoroughtly set up the BIOS for it. It being an ASUS board they make this very easy as they have nice BIOS software/instructions. Also do this for the Processor. It works on an FSB that is not default to the board. It should set it self but make sure to double check.
    Also with the mother board/power supply. Make all the connections carefully. The main power connector on the board is a 24 pin. The PSU has a 20+4 pin connector. That means it made for both 20 and 24 pin mother boards. THe extra 4 pins are on a little break away/clip on conector. But your CPU power connector on the board is also a 4 pin. Make sure not to mix them up. It should be near impossible as they should not fit into each others port, but some people do force things. The main power one will likely have little plastic clips on it so that i can clip onto the other 20pins.

Other than that the build looks good. I can see you are going for the cost effective options. But you also have a PCIEx16 2.0 slot for the VGA card, this means you have some upgrade options should you need them.

If you run into any problems please dont hesitate to PM me.
  8. ivanlul

ivanlul New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Alright thanks
  9. keyboarder

keyboarder Banned

looks good.
  10. nelson480

nelson480 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)