Bugs/Issues

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by krawks12, Jan 7, 2010.

1. krawks12

krawks12 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    A few months ago I got an iPod Touch 3G. Up until then I was very happy using a 1G iPod Touch on firmware 2.

I've had a good few issues, and wanted to know if others have had these same problems as I'm unsure whether it's the firmware or the iPod itself that has the problems.

Note: none of these happened prior to me using my 3G iPod.

1. Volume Locking
    Ocassionally, my volume will lock at around 75%. I'm unable to lower or raise the volume (only mute). I have to reboot to get the volume control to work (yesterday it happened, and I managed to unlock it without a reboot by playing a video). Unplugging the headphones and using the speaker gives me control, but doesn't fix it when the headphones are plugged back in. I also noticed that I was unable to pause/play a song or change the volume bars position using the headphones when it happens.

2. Volume Drag
    Every now and then, if I try to drag the volume up or down, it'll slide back halfway between where the volume was at and where I'm trying to drag it to. I have to reboot to fix.

3. Video Loading
    I watch most, if not all of my YouTube videos from my iPod. Alot of times, the video will keep playing even though it hasn't loaded to the point it's at, and then I have to restart the video.

4. Home Button
    With my old iPod, I could pause my music, and then double click the home button to pull up the music controls and continue listening. Now, even with my home button set to the music controls, music has to be playing or else the other double click option is used.

5. Random Playing
    I usually set my iPod on the floor next to my bed, and every now and then I wake up to find my battery drained and music playing.
  2. ibizaGTi

ibizaGTi New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Unfortunately I can only offer advice on one of your problems...to stop music playing randomly just unplu your headphones

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. krawks12

krawks12 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Anyone else?
  4. mikec1985

mikec1985 Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    For the music thing, in cydia, download iPodPop.
    Dont know how to fix the volume things I noticed my friends does the same thing. You tube hit pause until the video is done loading lol.
  5. triniboiny20

triniboiny20 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I wish I could help you, I still own a 1st Gen iPod touch and If you use iPodPop like Mikec said, you can have it so that the music controls come up whenever.