Buggy jailbreak for 3.0?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0 Jailbreak' started by lostthegamelulz, Jul 5, 2009.

1. lostthegamelulz

lostthegamelulz New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    So about last week, I upgraded to 3.0 firmware on my iPod Touch 2G. Everything was working fine until I jailbroke it (redsn0w 0.7.2). The process of jailbreaking went fine (I installed only Cydia, not Icy), but Cydia and things I downloaded didn't go so smoothly.
    The first time I opened Cydia in 3.0., it crashed immediately. My iPod quickly rebooted, so I tried it again. I was able to download a couple mods and such, including Better 3G wifi, which makes the wifi logo say 3G instead. When I activated it in Winterboard, nothing happened, along with anything else I enabled in Winterboard.
    I figured that the jailbreak was too new and unstable so I restored my iPod and now I'm on firmware 3.0, unjailbroken.

If I were to jailbreak again, is it likely that I would face the same problems?

Thanks for any feedback

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. rlantigua

rlantigua New Member

I have tried many times. It worked im able to used it jailBroken but until I re-boot after the first re-boot it stays in a black screen.

This version of red$now should be called BUGGY do not use until an update comes out!
  3. IPT2GISEPICWIN

IPT2GISEPICWIN New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Been using 3.0 Jailbreak since day one...everything is working fine for me...only problems is Cydia crashes ONCE in a while randomly and in SBSettings, the Reboot option doesn't work, just freezes the iPod...but other than that everything is working smoothly and perfectly.
  4. lostthegamelulz

lostthegamelulz New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Could a source of my problems be that I didn't clean install firmware 3.0? Meaning my 2.2.1 JB files were still on my iPod, interfering with new ones?
  5. rlantigua

rlantigua New Member

Nahh my ipod was new out bestbuy... Installed 3.0 Jail broked... ok it works booted first time and I was able to install some apps. Turn it off just to see what happends and BANG... it will just don't kick off. The compuper sees the Ipod BUT I see is a blank screen. so yes is BUGGY!

Some people had downgraded to 2.2.1 there is no problem there.

3.0 is Buggy.