Bug Report. No Music.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Bullislander05, Mar 7, 2008.

1. Bullislander05

Bullislander05 New Member

Jan 16, 2008

I've recently encountered a bug that I have managed to reproduce a few times now. Here's the lowdown in case any of you find yourselves in the same position as I was in.

Bug Description: Music simply doesn't play. You can hit the play button, it says it's playing, but nothing plays. If you hit the screen once to view where the music is at, it is not moving at all. Also, no videos will play at all. No youtube, saved videos, or online videos play correctly.

Cause: This doesn't happen 100% of the time (Around 10-25% of the times that it CRASHES. Not 25% of the time I do this method.), but if a large program is running (In my case, Apollo) and if you decide to play music (Double tap + play), the iPod might crash due to overuse of RAM. If you experience a crash, upon restart you will have the above description affecting your iPod.

Solution/Workaround: This took me a little while to think of, but if you go into Settings > General > Reset All Settings, it's fixed. You will, however, lose settings such as brightness, auto-lock, and really anything else in Settings you had set up. You will NOT lose any media, though. You will also have to start up SummerBoard again to set your theme. It's a bit of a pain, but it's better than sending the iPod to Apple.

This was only tested on 1.1.4, as of now.

Anyways, I just felt like making a thread in case anyone else was as confused as I was. It'd be great if it was included in some type of Bug Report thread. (That's a good idea actually. Does it exist? I searched for it and didn't find anything. It could be useful for developers and clients both.) I'll make one, actually, if there's support for it.

2. kdm

kdm New Member

Sep 28, 2007
    Sorry to bring this older post back, but it just saved me from having to restore!!

Thank you so much!
  3. crazyvanya

crazyvanya Member

Jan 27, 2008
    Damn. Didn't find this thread. I just couldn't be botherd looking for anything, so just immediately restored