Bug in Rename?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by MasterHacker, Apr 9, 2009.

1. MasterHacker

MasterHacker New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    If you could help, that would be great.

I recently got the "fring" app off the appstore (Not Cracked). I also got the Rename app off of Cydia. I wanted to rename fring to "Phone" for the hell of off it. After my springboard restarted, I noticed that fring had dissapeared! I only have 2 pages of apps, and it wasn't on any of them, or on my dock. I tried respringing, and rebooting, but it still wasn't there. When I opened up Categories I tried adding it to my games category, and categories said it was there. So I put it in the category, and when I tried opening it, it just took me back to my springboard. The only way I fixed this was my restoring and re jailbreaking and reinstalling the app. I just tried to rename it again, but it disappeared again. Anyone help?
  2. DrMonkey

DrMonkey New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I'm also having a problem with rename... It's not renaming. =P
  3. DNJ45

DNJ45 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I'm not sure what is going on but...

Why the hell would you try that again??
  4. Kayzo

Kayzo Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    The exact same thing happened to me.
    I guess its a bug between Fring and Rename.
    I just simply docked it, and took its labels off, so it doesn't show the "Fring".
    As for getting it back after it disappeared, I just SSH'd into my iPod and uninstalled it manually, and reinstalled it with the AppStore.

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. jordanrracer

jordanrracer New Member

Hey dude, that bug happend to me also, can you please give me steps on how to delete the app manually and reinstall it with the appstore?

do i have to restore because i really dont wanna jailbreak it again.
    The app that dissapeared was Pocket God.
    Thanks and please reply by PM. Thanks
  6. itachi2121

itachi2121 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    plzzzz

SAme thing here man. plz help i have TOO much jailbreak stuff to restore so plz PM me on how to
  7. ipodtouch2guser

ipodtouch2guser Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    this happened to my friend all u need to do is get wildeyes off cydia and ifile off cydia. then use wildeyes to find the app it should be under var/mobile/Applications. (you use wildeyes only bes=cause it displays the app names.) then remmeber the number next to the fring app name it should look something like this 7H889JGHY.....etc. Then go into ifile and go back to var/mobile/Applications and find the same number you remmebered and make sure its fring.app and then delete the app and it will be removed from your device

Please Register or Log in to view images