Bset video converter for Windows?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Argento1982, Nov 19, 2007.

1. Argento1982

Argento1982 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I didnt find any good software for converting my movies to iPod touch format.. It takes too long converting a simple movie with some programas!
    Does anyone knows which is the best software for doing this?
  2. Theliel

Theliel New Member

megui, because:

Use the best h264 codec in the market: x264, a free implementation of h264
    Its free
    you can configure any parameter that you want: any resolution, framerate, bitrate, filters... and you can doing a fine tunning in codec options too.
    its "simple"

Any video that you can doing with any programs, i can doing the same but at better quality
  3. Argento1982

Argento1982 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Ok, I downloaded the encoder from http://x264.nl/ but I dont know how to use it... can you explain me?
  4. aznk3n

aznk3n New Member

try Videora Ipod Converter, it works great and it takes very little time to convert files to mp4(depending on the size and the quality the mp4 that you want)

just download it from download.com
  5. wesh

wesh Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    yesterday I converted a 300meg file with videora and it took me 3 freaking hours. I should add though, that it was on a pentium 3 @ 900mhz with 768ddr ram. So maybe conversion times on such an old setup aren't really representative.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Also the resulting mp4 was slightly bigger then the input file (xvid). So maybe I needed to tweak the settings a little more.
    Anyone care to post conversion settings that gave satisfying results I. Their experience.
    Lastly, I hear the SUPER encoder is nice to.
  6. AlexRADL

AlexRADL Retired Moderator

I use videora, I recommend it.
  7. rokrboy

rokrboy Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPod touch
    Yeah videora works well for converting vids and handbrake works reallly well for converting DVD's.
  8. Assassin Sheepdog

Assassin Sheepdog New Member

They will all take a while to convert a simple movie. Depending on you computer it may take hours. If it takes a significantly shorter amount of time, it means you are getting incredibly bad quality. Just leave your computer on converting the videos while you to school / work or whatever.
  9. dualcorex

dualcorex New Member

one thing i have noticed is that converting xvid and divx files with videora come out in larger file sizes than the original which is really lame. i have a transformers xvid like 750mb came out to 900mb.
  10. Eragon

Eragon New Member

If you don't mind paying, I highly recommend Nero. I've had great luck converting MPEG-2 to MP4 using Nero Recode. Nero is based on the DVD Shrink technology. Although Nero won't allow you to convert protected videos, Nero works like a charm once you've ripped.