BSE Rainbow pixels instead of white

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by touch_sensitive, Sep 25, 2010.

1. touch_sensitive

touch_sensitive Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Yeah, today my BSE came in and I hurried to put it on my almost perfectly preserved Ipod touch 4G that came in a couple days ago.

I gave it a good clean with a microibre cloth, mixed a soapy concotion and put it in a spray bottle. I then proceeded to start with the back. This went on easy enough after my 17th reallignment (perfectionist) and stuck down quite well. The sides all adhered and none were not stuck down after 20 mins of waiting and palming and scrubbing with the cloth.

After happy with the back, I started on the front, I did the same thing and after 15 mins, the job was done. It advised me not to turn on for 24 hours after the appliation but I was curious to see how the retina looked after the application. I was HORRIFIED to find that the retina display of the first Ipod touch I got for my Birthday was absolutely horrendous. The apple boot logo was actually made of rainbow coloured easily definable pixels. the white was messed up the screen was slightly blurry (this is 30min after install). The fact that I could now tell pixels apart was worrying as you're not meant to be able to do that with retina ( i couldn't see the different pixels on boot screen before I applied)

I don't know whether to remove it or wait it out and see if it improves. Has anyone else got this problem. Any advice, Thanks
  2. Lux2GS

Lux2GS Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Wait a day more, if they still stay, then email bse.
  3. touch_sensitive

touch_sensitive Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Just notices at full brightness on a white screen, not all areas ar rainbow, some small areas are normal (ish). I think it may clear up withing a few days maybe, so I'll wait a bit
  4. Lux2GS

Lux2GS Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    It certainly will, my PhantomSkinz Protector uses the same tecnique for applying, and all rainbow pixels disappeared after about 2 days.
  5. lordwin

lordwin New Member

got the same one. you just got to be patient because over time the protector will lay flat and the water left underneath will evaporate. Mine looked so horrible that i almost took it out. But a couple of hours later, it looked better. Now after a week, i don't even see it. Its flawless

Please Register or Log in to view images

I like screen protectors, because they cut down smudge.
  6. ipodtouchpwns

ipodtouchpwns New Member

I think the problem is too much soap in the mixture. I had this problem one time as well.
  7. touch_sensitive

touch_sensitive Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    And, did it work out eventually?
  8. ipodtouchpwns

ipodtouchpwns New Member

No, I eventually ended up buying a new screen protector.
  9. micro_hard

micro_hard Active Member

Device:
    iPad mini
    Just don't put too much soap in your solution, it's what causes to have the rainbow effect. Use a little bit of soap - You need the solution so the skin will slide freely for realignment and need just small drop of soap on the solution.

10. touch_sensitive

touch_sensitive Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    It's all gone now

But I have noticed what i think is the microbubble effect. I'll wait that out too and see if it evaporates away.