BSD Subsystem

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by deleted account, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Is it just me or does installer give the error "Package download failed!" to everyone?

Does anyone have a link to the app(v2.1 or the latest, 2.1 is what it says)?

Can I SSH it in or something? And put it there...

I'm not even sure what it's for but it's bothering me just sitting there... aside from that alot of other things will not download... I heard something about system partition but don't know anything about that.... the other things I have installed are the following:

Finder
    ScreenShot
    MxTube
    SummerBoard
    iPhysics and pinball game for it
    Books and sherlock holmes for it
    Money
    Sketches
    Lights Off
    LEDBanner
    Contrasense
    TTR
  2. bump

bump
  3. Whosthatrandom

Whosthatrandom New Member

Instead of Installing BSD Subsystem, add this source:

http://apptapp.saurik.com/

The Install "Cydia Package Management" and "Fake BSD" from the System Category. Cydia is a better version of BSD that works properly, and it works with Installer apps as well.
  4. what exactly does that one do
  5. does it work with bosstool?
  6. Whosthatrandom

Whosthatrandom New Member

Well, first of all, it provides a replacement for BSD Subsystem, that doesn't have bugs in. Both of them are a set of Unix tools and frameworks, that many apps (such as MobileFinder, Term-vt100, MobileScrobbler) need to work properly. And the "Fake BSD" package tricks said applications into thinking you have installed BSD Subsystem, because even though you haven't, the Cydia framework does the job just as well.

Also, installing the package will give you a replacement for Installer that works better and is easier to use. Not all of the sources support it yet, but eventually they will. The biggest source, Ste Repository, has released his Cydia source, but as of yet there isn't anything on it.
  7. What if I use boss tools to move my apps to the hard disk? will that work?

It says main execution failed when i tried to install bsd subsystem
  8. I have mobilefinder and it runs ok...