BSD Subsystem

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by brandon311, Dec 26, 2007.

1. brandon311

brandon311 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I wanted to try out Apollo but I really didn't like it so I uninstalled it. When I went to uninstall the BSD Subsystem it wouldn't let me. And after I installed it I got a message saying that my application limit is almost full and I should delete music etc. So when I went to uninstall the subsystem in the top right corner it just says reinstall so I reinstalled it hoping it would let me uninstall it afterwards but it still won't. How can I uninstall it. Should I just SSH and delete it from the Application folder. I'm not even sure if its in there.

Thanks
  2. Mindfield

Mindfield New Member

You can't uninstall BSD Subsystem. So many apps on the iPod require it to function. If you remove it, you'll lose access to those apps.

And incidentally, if you are getting a warning about running low on space, then you haven't applied the hack to bypass the third party application limit. (Install and use BossTool, or see this thread for details)
  3. brandon311

brandon311 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Ok thank you. I searched a little more and found out that I do need it. However, the first app that actually said I needed it was Apollo and since I don't really need that I figured that not many apps would use it. I'll just keep it on there and extend the 3rd party application limit thanks