BSD subsystem package? wut?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by osmarokuma, Jan 23, 2008.

1. osmarokuma

osmarokuma New Member

Hello, just got my ipod touch jailbreak and most of the things i want to install require the bsd subsystem.... I searched everywere even in the systems folder but I dont see any package named that way.... is there anyway I can go to a link to install it or maybe there is smthn wrong? dunno, i dont see any file with that name.
  2. deveelx

deveelx New Member

That's odd?
    Well, have you installed the Community Source? If not then do so. You can find Community Source under the Source package. Once you installed that BSD Subsystem should appear to your Installer.
  3. osmarokuma

osmarokuma New Member

um,,, there are 2 in commmunity source. Once is conceited software and the other is ste packaging... should download both?
  4. osmarokuma

osmarokuma New Member

im sorry...i have no idea how to dl them. I go to sources and look at community sources and see 2 links there. But how do i dl them cuz when i click on them there is no button to dl.
  5. deveelx

deveelx New Member

Yeah. Both would be wise.
  6. osmarokuma

osmarokuma New Member

How do u download them though. Is there supposed to be a button which says "download"? im lost there
  7. deveelx

deveelx New Member

I think you're looking at the Source tab. That's where you put a repository source.
    Anyway, the Community Source I was talking about is located in the Source folder in the Install tab (where all folders like System, Productivity, Network and other applications are located). If you tap on Install tab, scroll down and find a folders called, Source, and under that folder is the Community Source. Install that.
  8. osmarokuma

osmarokuma New Member

I dont have a source folder, I got system but bsd subsystem isnt there either. Is there something I need to get in order to get the source folder with community source in it?
  9. deveelx

deveelx New Member

Hmm thats really really weird. You should have it on your Installer when you jailbroke your iPod touch.
    but anyway, you could try adding the source of the community source and apptapp installer by visiting my tutorial here.

By the way, could you tell me how did you jailbreak your iPod touch and what firmware version do u have?
  10. osmarokuma

osmarokuma New Member

do u think I should Restore and jailbreak again? can u send me a link u used to jailbreak?