BSD Lite 2.0 manual install?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by camote, Feb 20, 2008.

1. camote

camote New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    i recently had to get a new ipod because my last one was stolen and when i jailbroke it yesterday i started installing all the old apps i used. Anyway, i wanted to install bsd lite but i culdnt find it anymore in any of the sources so i found a manual download for the files. Unfortunately, i don't know how to install it... as in, where do i put all these files? it doesnt seem like a regular app that i just put into the applications folder. Oh and i'd prefer using bsd lite because of its smaller size and i never encountered any problems with it before.

any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
  2. FluxBox

FluxBox New Member

You can't manually install it, because it is required by OpenSSH, which is required to manually install applications.

Add the new STE packaging source.

http://repo.smxy.org/iphone-apps/
  3. camote

camote New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    but i have ssh working? i've jailbroken my ipod already and installed a lot of applications. I want to install mobileFinder and some other applications though that need BSD subsystem. Thing is, i dont want to download the full version because i dont really need the commands and what not. I just need the lite version which i had before and worked fine.
  4. bridley06

bridley06 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    can't download BSD subsystem

Why the f*** is it telling me that i have to download BSD subsystem when im trying to f***ing download it. I can download any of the apps, but when i tried to download dock.app, it tells me to download BSD first, itry and it says BSD must be installed first. This is really f***ing annoying! Any Help?