bruteforce

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by LeaverX, Oct 6, 2007.

1. LeaverX

LeaverX New Member

Theres no hurt in trying is there? If enough of us try theres just a slight chance for it to work. Yes i know, it would take 10^18 years to try every combination but there's no hurt in trying. Plus anyone can try brute force. So anyone willing to help?
  2. rokrboy

rokrboy Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPod touch
    what will it take and what do we need to do? Ill help.
  3. LeaverX

LeaverX New Member

Just google touchdev, go download the Ipod Touch files through Terminal using wget and the apporpiate link in the wiki. then Use something a bruteforce program like dmgbrute in terminal to run with it and wait.

That's how you do it in UNIX based OS's (Mac, Linux) But I have no idea how your supposed to do it in Windows. Who cares, windows is stupid anyway.
  4. AlliPodHax

AlliPodHax New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
  5. anslab

anslab New Member

Are there any bruteforce program that use distributed computing (not sure of the terms) kinda like seti@home? Seems more efficient
  6. LeaverX

LeaverX New Member

Please keep in mind that the chance of getting this in 1 YEAR is 0.000000000000000001% or 10^-18 for a person running Bruteforce 24/7. We'll get this in about 1 million trillion (literally) years.

Don't ya love AES encryption. Who knows, you might get lucky. The same lucky needed to win a 1 billion dollar lottery, 1 million times in a row.
  7. lachlan438

lachlan438 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    omg i think i have a good chance then because i just happen to have the luck from 1million trillion people stored in bottles in my basement o and by the way what kind of processing power gives you that chance
  8. AlliPodHax

AlliPodHax New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    lol, if you use the supercomputers at the pentagon which could calculate 32.5 trillion calculations in a second it could be done in a little shorter time, like only a thousand years or so, but who knows maybe lachlan438 will get it, he seems to have good luck with finding bottles, lol,

Cheers,
    Ben.
  9. rokrboy

rokrboy Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPod touch
    Well that means that we would need to have super computers etc. To decrypt it.
  10. Shaneypoo

Shaneypoo New Member

lmao... i reckon it would be quicker to just wait for a jailbreak... or until apple actually allows 3rd party applications