Brushes... iPad Edition

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Zc456, Mar 29, 2010.

1. Zc456

Zc456 Member

Found this at AppShopper. Unfortunately I haven't been able to get access to HD, XL, or other iPad editions of other applications except this. Brushes for the iPad has the App Store (kinda) and its happily named "Brushes - iPad Edition." You can find info, screenshots, all that at AppShopper. It'll be priced for roughly $10 (subject to change) and features everything you'd expect from the "mini" version.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Nice little glimpse as things heat up. Link: http://appshopper.com/entertainment/brushes-–-ipad-edition
  2. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    I wonder how the iPad prices will end up being... In the beginning, iPod touch/ iPhone games were higher priced than they are now, but constant competition and pressure drove them down.

I wonder if the same will happen with the iPad.
  3. Shawa

Shawa Super Moderator

Device:
    Nexus 4
    $9.99 seems to be the current baseline, but in time, I'd say that for iPad apps, $4.99 will be what $0.79 is for the iPhone. You'd think people are going to be put off by the 'high' price (thanks to the App store's devaluation of software), but I'd say that people getting an iPad could afford the $4 stretch.
  4. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Well, that, or the apps increase in price may help make them feel 'premium.' Kind of like what Apple does with Macs.

Regardless, I'm starting to see the iPad as more of a productivity tool/web browsing device than a large iPod touch. Sure, some of the games will be cool, but watching the Keynote, Pages, and Numbers Guided Tour videos, it is looking pretty awesome.
  5. William

William New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    Speaking of price -- I actually expect the price to go up somewhere in the 20-40 range. Right now, what do most people think of iPhone Apps? -- timewasters. Sure there are a few useful tools -- but the majority are just timewasters. Hence the low price of the apps

The iPad however, looks like a powerful tool. With functional apps. So you have this whole - "if I pay more would I get a better version" going for it. Consumers will start thinking that 1.99$/cheap is too low for a "quality" and will go for the more expensive option. Sounds a bit opposite of what you would expect, but its true [think of the iPad (quality, higher price) vs zune ("cheap") debate]

Personally I can't wait for an autodesk sketchbook for the iPad