Browsed forums but no Success; Have to Resort to Post Sorry. installer.app gone

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by zeuz, Jan 30, 2008.

1. zeuz

zeuz New Member

Hello,

I have had missions trying to update to 1.3 so am sick of restoring but if it is the only option so be it.

So What I have got so far
    • Ipod Touch
    • Jail broken up to 1.2
    • Had the Beta Installer installed too - befor it disapeared when I installed..... Customize.
    • Customize Latest Version.
    • WinSCP - to connect via SSH

yea once I installed customize it vannished,
    Now I have gone into customize menu and hit the little eye button either way the on/off the Installer Icon does not come back.

I read some were I can maybe download the version of installer befor the *beta* version and install it via SSH - But then I am not 100% sure of that.

If this is not fixable I will restore, but worth a try.

Thank you.
    ZeuZ
  2. firepower1030

firepower1030 New Member

yeah, i can only come up with three options:

1. go into customize, go to the icon button(should be the second button), tap manual reorder, and then scroll down the list to see if u may have accidentally diabled install. if you disabled it, there will not be a little on the the left of install like all of the other icons.

if there is no eye there, click the eye button in the top right corner (i think, its on the top somewhere) and tap the installer app on the list...an eye should come up beside it
    and it should be enabled now

2. find somewhere to download installer and SSH it into your ipod

3. restore

thanks!
  3. zeuz

zeuz New Member

Thank you mate, I accidently disabled it never knew you could disable icons! schweet thank you!