Broken!!!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by DPierce360, Oct 26, 2008.

1. DPierce360

DPierce360 New Member

I have an jailbroken iPod touch with the 1.1.4 firmware, and I used ZiPhone to break it. It worked great for the first couple of days, then it would not charge it unless it was dead or in recovery mode. Well, about a week ago I put it in DFU mode, and I try to restore it by using shift+restore on iTunes, and it comes up about a minute or two later with "ERROR 1611"....

I've done every thing I can think of, and it starting to annoy me!!!!
    HELP!
  2. murphmanny

murphmanny Banned

3. johanoz

johanoz New Member

hey man umm... i can't help you but my ipod touch is messing around big time... as soon as i listening to music for maybe 5-20 minutes it would go black and go purple blue green yellow all these random colours then it would just go to the black screen with the little apple in the middle, until the battery runs out, its so annoying cause im at school listening and it shuts down!!! no more music for rest of the day, im planning on taking it back, but it really makes me angry, its so much for an birthday present *sarcasm*
    oh and do u know if there is an special reset button except for the button up top, my friend told me about an reset code for an itouch, i don't know of it, but do you? lol

truly sorry that i can't help you, i hardly even know any thing about the ipod touch, only had it for 2 weeks lol

and hope you figure out some thing soon,

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

Search the boards for 'DFU mode'. Hint: it involves holding down the power and home buttons for about 10-12 seconds, then letting go of Power and holding down Home for a while longer.
  5. DPierce360

DPierce360 New Member

Yea, that didn't help. It just showed me that other people are in the same boat as me, if you have any more advice that would be great.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    See the thing is, I've put it into DFU mode before, and no luck. It comes up with the same "error 1611" message.
    ------------------double post merged------------------

--UPDATE--
    Not necessarily good news. I downloaded iLiberty+, and put it into DFU mode, but now it is reading "error 1601"...
    I'm not the best with computers, but I know enough I guess...

HELP!!!