Broken wii

Discussion in 'Computing, Science, and Technology' started by narwal13, May 12, 2010.

1. narwal13

narwal13 Active Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    Hi guys, I'm not sure if this is in the right section, but here is my problem.

Today, as I rush home to play Call of Duty, to test out the amazing class I thought of on the way home. I open the door, and throw my bookbag and my iBook (well, I set that down.

Please Register or Log in to view images

) on the sofa. I head upstairs, and discover the wii is unplugged, from the back. So I plug in the power cord into the back of the wii and i turn it on. I open the case, and insert the disc. Only to find the wii making cracking noises.

I ask my mom. She said she was cleaning the area around it, when it fell. My dad took a look at it, and he says there's no hope.

So, I want the community of Multi-Touch fans to help a brother out. I must save $170 and tons of game saves. I really don't want to go back from 1 to 55 on CoD. Plus my brother's Pokemon game saves and such. We are tight on cash.

Is there anyway to open it up safely? My dad knows a lot of computers and all sorts of technology, but he hasn't had much experience with Wii.

Also, it's out of warranty (i think) but I can't take it to Nintendo, because, It's well, it's... modd**.

?

Thanks guys, any help is appreciated.
  2. artistic

artistic New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    this may be the wrong section for such a problem, but i might have come up with a solution.

a well used prank to laptop owners is to put a chipped disk in the disk slot, because your laptop will begin vibrating vigorously or start to make odd clanking and whizzing sounds. this may be the same case for your wii, just try to put a new disc in and see what happens, or you could take the shell off to see what problems may rest inside the console.
  3. narwal13

narwal13 Active Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    I tried putting several discs in, and at the moment, De Blob is stuck inside...

As for opening it up, my dad refuses, as he doesn't want to screw it up even more. He knows some people that might be able to fix it. Otherwise, he says we'll just buy a new one, if we can.
  4. yuyaera

yuyaera Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Well. When you start it up what noise does it make?
  5. narwal13

narwal13 Active Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    this is what it kinda goes like.

weooooowwoooo. wum wum wum wum wum wum wum wum wum wum wum wum wum wum wum wum wum wum wum wum wum wum wum wum wum wum wum wum wum wum wum wum wum wum wum wum wum wum wum wum .
  6. yuyaera

yuyaera Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Google the problem. I'm pretty sure others have the same problem.
  7. iPwn

iPwn Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    lmao xD. ah a soft modded wii or hardmodded. i have mw on my wii and pc and they r both good.
  8. narwal13

narwal13 Active Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    idk! my dad took it to pakistan and got it modded. He said some guy opened it up and put a chip inside. what's ur name on mw? I might have played you. I go by a poor rabbi. xD
  9. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

That's hardmodded.
  10. iPwn

iPwn Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    Oh I don't know much about hardmods. I use random stuff to jailbreak my wii with an SD card.