Broken Touch help

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by In33dH3lp, Dec 2, 2008.

1. In33dH3lp

In33dH3lp New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    So my friend accidently dropped his itouch into his pool a couple of months ago. He said it wasnt in there long and showed me that the ipod still made sounds and everything else. He can't get the screen to turn on and so i told him to let me borrow it and i would look at it. When i got home i put it in my itower and it immediatly popped up the apple boot logo. After a little while i could see the home screen. all the applications worked and i could play music. The only problem was that at the moment i took it off the itower it shut off. Is there anyway to fix this? Or if i took it to an apple store would they exchange it if i didn't tell them about the pool incident?
  2. andyt4097

andyt4097 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Apple would not exchange this Touch, because of the water damage. There is a moisture sensor in the headphone jack, after it comes in contact with liquid, it turns reddish pink. They would check this and they would deny you a replacement.
  3. In33dH3lp

In33dH3lp New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Alright thx anyways. I was looking in the jack and i could barely see any red so i wasnt sure if it had been in contact with water or if it hadn't
  4. dean11

dean11 New Member

if the paper in the jack is still white then you should still try replacing it at an apple store