Broken sleep button/sort of frozen screen. Ugh.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by myaddiction, May 17, 2009.

1. myaddiction

myaddiction New Member

My ipod touch is a hand-me-down that's like 2 years old.
    It was still working ok when I got it. About a week in, the Sleep button stopped working. Not too upset about it but now it's (sort of) frozen and I don't know how to fix it. I say sort of because after it times out I can press the home button and it works but after I "slide to unlock" it gets to the home screen and it's dimmed and I can't do anything. I can't restart it because of the broken home button and I'm really reluctant to restore it because I have a lot of music that will be hard to get back. I'm afraid that I might have to. Does anyone know of any other way to fix it????
    PLEASE AND THANK YOU!
  2. 1YNQMWQVHZ

1YNQMWQVHZ Active Member

Call Apple or go to the Apple Store....?
  3. Tourniquet.

Tourniquet. Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    the only way is to contact apple, it is a hardware fault so..
  4. wearmaize

wearmaize Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Plug it in to your computer and see if iTunes detects it. You can restore it if it does. If not, the computer app called ziPhone has an option to boot an iPod into recovery mode so you can restore it.

Unfortunately, my iPhone has the same problem. Luckily, the power button is pressed in, so any time the phone freezes I can hold down the home button and it'll detect the power and home button at the same time so I can reboot. Unfortunately, any time I lock my phone the phone begins an endless reboot cycle... so I don't lock my phone and I turn the brightness all the way off and airplane mode on.