Broken screen workaround?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ruhatch, Feb 2, 2010.

1. ruhatch

ruhatch New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    ok so i broke my screen by dropping it but its not a crack. It is that the touch screen doesnt work in one strip. It is across the bottom so if you have a passcode then the bottom row the pops up exactly. Basically i was wondering whether i can fix it or if there is some way of letting me rotate everything upside down so the status bar is in the broken bit? or alternatively some way to distort everything so that part of the screen isnt used? any help is much appreciated!

ruhatch
  2. Shawa

Shawa Super Moderator

Device:
    Nexus 4
  3. ruhatch

ruhatch New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    So will that fix any damage to the touch sensors?
  4. Shawa

Shawa Super Moderator

Device:
    Nexus 4
    It's a new set of sensors.
  5. ruhatch

ruhatch New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    okay i ordered that and installed it and now the touch works perfectly but i coulnt get one of the connectors inside the phone back in. It is connector three the one for the top speaker and the movement and brightness sensors

Please Register or Log in to view images

i was wondering if you knew how to reconnect that because i cant find any good videos anywhere!
  6. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

The number three connector, here's a picture for clarification, requires you to slide the connector in the top and then the plastic tab locks it into place.

It can be a little hard to get it in place but it shouldn't be that bad; be sure the plastic locking tab is up before sliding in the connector and then lock it down after you get the ribbon in place.
  7. ruhatch

ruhatch New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    ok im confused as to what flips over. if it was some black plastic thing i think i may have broken it which im guessing is really bad...
  8. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

Yes it is the black plastic thing that flips over and locks it into place.

Make sure the broken piece is unlocked and see if you can slide the cable into place; it should still work without being locked into place.