Broken Ribbon Cable

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by kennay85, Nov 29, 2009.

1. kennay85

kennay85 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hey everyone just joined the forum! I need some help with 8GB ipod touch I just got. It was not powering on when I got so I charged overnight. It worked the next morning but shut off in about 20 mins. This led me to believe it was the battery. I am fairly experienced with electronics and decided to try it. While taking out the logic board to also replace the front glass, I put a small dent/hole in the main ribbon cable on the bottom of the board. Anyone know if this cable can be repaired with solder? Or is there somewhere I get an inexpensive logic board? Thanks for any suggestions.
  2. shortperson1026

shortperson1026 Active Member

Where did you buy the iPod Touch from?
  3. kennay85

kennay85 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I bought it on eBay.
  4. shortperson1026

shortperson1026 Active Member

Was it bought broken? I mean did the description say it was broken?
  5. bootstrap

bootstrap New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Yeah me too, I bought an iPod Touch 1G that had a number of problems including a cut logic board ribbon cable. It's beyond repair but could be replaced, anyone got a broken logic board with a good ribbon cable? I'd pay.

Help a brother out..
  6. RagingAres

RagingAres New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    ah. i had a problem similar to this. I opened up the ipod touch to get to the glass screen to replace the cracked one and the board at the bottom near the charging port got scratched a bit while trying to pry it up. lets just say that all it does is start to boot and then go to a white screen. anyone know what i could do?
  7. bootstrap

bootstrap New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Have you tried doing a full 'DFU mode' restore since reassembling the device? Fingers crossed it's not the logic board.