Broken multi-touch?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ruhatch, Jan 28, 2010.

1. ruhatch

ruhatch New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I dropped my iPhone on the floor and now the screen is not working in a small section at the bottom. When typing in the passcode to open it the bottom row does not work. So unfortunately i cant get into my phone. Do you reckon i will have to get a new one?!
  2. murphmanny

murphmanny Banned

Try to restart the iPhone buy holding down both the Sleep/wake button and the Home button. It will shut off. Then turn it back on by holding the Sleep/wake button. If it is still unresponsive, you may have to get another one.

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. ruhatch

ruhatch New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Ok unfortunately that did nothing so it must be the hardware

thanks for the advice anyway! i also just locked myself out for an hour anyway because ive been trying to type in the right code! oh well!
  4. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

Sounds like you broke your digitizer.

The 3G is not terribly hard to fix but just save yourself the trouble and just replace the entire screen. There are plenty of tutorials online on how to change the screen. I can post one up if you need one or just search for one.
  5. Hellishness

Hellishness Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    since replacing the digitizer will void the warranty anyway, maybe try taking it to apple and try your luck

just avoid telling them it was dropped and they will probably not ask. you should be able to restore it.