Broken Ipod!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by OMichael08, Oct 25, 2009.

1. OMichael08

OMichael08 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ok, today i was brushing the back of my ipod because it was covered in scratches and i thought it might look better, and then i pressed a little too hard and cracked the front screen, and then i went and picked every piece of the frame, and the glass out, so i need help figuring out what parts i need, and how i will put them in, and pretty much how much it will cost me...

thanks in advance

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Gershmer

Gershmer Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Better off getting a new iPod.
  3. OMichael08

OMichael08 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    really? how much would the parts cost? because i dont feel like getting a whole new ipod being as mine is only 2 months old

------------------double post merged------------------
    OK, i think i found out what i need on ebay its gonna cost me like 80 bucks.. and i guess i will start saving up because i <3 mi ipod to death

4. fenderman8000

fenderman8000 Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    You can buy glass on eBay for about 20-30$ it comes with a knife and stuff so you can do it legitly. If you buy the official Apple glass might cost more.
  5. OMichael08

OMichael08 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    yea, but i already completely destroyed the frame trying to get the glass out... so i need all of that other stuff, i was hoping that all i needed was the glass, that would have been nice because i saw a few pieces on ebay for 15 or 20 bucks
  6. touch_iPod

touch_iPod Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    Wow, that's some major damage you did to your iPod... If you're unable to repair the frame and glass, you can still take it to the Apple Center and inform them of the problem... Hopefully they can help you solve it!

7. OMichael08

OMichael08 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    yea, i keel'd it but the good new is, the back is awesome, i wish i had some pics for you guys because i havent seen anyone else with an ipod like mine on youtube.. i did the brushed metal effect going horizontal, and then i masked off a pattern, which i will try to recreat in photoshop for you guys to see, and then i brushed that vertically, so yea, i have a unique "broken" ipod... at least for now, if i can find out how to take the glass, and frame off of an ipod without breaking it, then i will just buy a broken one for parts, and then take the screen off it, and put it on mine

------------------double post merged------------------

So basically the blue was brushed horizontally, and the red lines were masked off and brushed vertically...

8. The_Guitar_Hero

The_Guitar_Hero New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Can you please get a picture of that? It sounds really awesome!
  9. OMichael08

OMichael08 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    yea, if i could then i would because i was very proud of it lol, but i dnt have a camera right now, but if i get a picture then i will certainly post it xD