broken ipod?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by 11221212, Mar 10, 2009.

1. 11221212

11221212 New Member

hi,
    i bought a nice and shiny new ipod touch 2 days ago after my other ipod touch (also a second gen) was accidentally put thru the washing machine while i was at work.
    so i used my ipod all yesterday and at the end of the day my battery died. while i was surfing the web i noticed that there was a jailbreak for the second gen ipod. so i downloaded the jailbreak and such and i decided i would get things set up so i could jailbreak my ipod today.
    so i installed one of the programs i was supposed to... (sorry cant remember the name cuz it crashed my compter) so anyways i installed the program, i think the name was something like lib and my computer crashed... my ipod also disconnected from the computer and every time i connected it again neither itunes or the ipod itself realized it was being connected. so i restarted my ipod and to my surprise it told me i had to connect it to itunes... i was very confused over this so i did exactly that. now when i connect it itunes tells me something along the lines of, "itunes cannot open the ipod as it is locked, please input the passcode into the ipod." so now im in an infinint loop of my ipod asking me to connect to itunes and itunes asking me to put my passcode into my ipod, which i cant because it wants me to connect to itunes...
    anybody know how to fix this?
  2. ipodtouchfan101

ipodtouchfan101 Member

the thing that crashed your computer was called libusb it does like to work for vista and about your ipod try booting it into DFU mode
  3. 11221212

11221212 New Member

ok, how would i go about doing that tho... and just to make things clear i havent even started the jail break yet... i was going to get a friend to help me because i have never jailbreaked an ipod before, only things like my psp, ps2, xbox ect.
  4. muffinza192

muffinza192 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    if u have vista u have to turn ur computer on in safe mode and uninstall libusb. Then b4 reinstalling it right click on setup and hit run in campatibility for Windows Xp Sp2 then install.