Broken Ipod -Water Damage Help :)

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by xEmmax, May 5, 2009.

1. xEmmax

xEmmax New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yes newbie here sat with a broken ipod

Please Register or Log in to view images

So basically was listening to some tune sgetting ready for school when it falls into a load of water (yes clever I know hovering my ipod over water...lesson learned!) I fished it out immediately, it was half in it's leather case, but of course that doesn't stop the water getting in of course! Dried it off, and fiddled with it - I known now i should of turned it off and left well alone but I panicked! The apple logo was faintly on in the background, it flashed all white, then was back to normal like my wallpaper came off and it was in locked, but the touchscreen wouldn't responded. I dried it with a blowdryer on cool setting, then after doing a bit online researching and realising I should of got it off straight away, put it in rice for the night - i couldn't turn it off now as the touchscreen obviously wouldn't respond.

In the morning plugged it into laptop except touchscreen broken and all seemed well it began charging, except once itunes loaded it didn't recognise the ipod, told me to restore which I tried, but it then refused to restore as it said files were corrupt!

So I'm pretty convinced now that my poor touch has gone, have had it sitting for the last 36 hours or so in rice but I think i messed it up at the beginning not getting it straight off.

Is there any hope for my ipod I really can't afford another right now and I miss it already! I've googled everywhere but I've yet to find someone whos had the same trouble with the corrupt file business that I did.

Thanks in advance.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. mikec1985

mikec1985 Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    The only thing I can say is to let it sit in rice for at least 3-4 more days and then try. If that doesn't work then you might be screwed.
  3. FriggzZz

FriggzZz New Member

This happed to me today, except i had my iPod in my backpack, and it started pouring rain. My backpack got wet and so was my iPod. I checked with it that it was ok, and it seemed fine, until i got home and actually tried to use it (before i just looked at the display), and the touchscreen wouldn't respond. Now when i try it the screen is all white. It's jailbroken since a few days ago, and bought i think february 25th this year. Since i'm swedish i don't understand everything written above(understood most of it though), which is why i'm kinda repeating the question xEmmax wrote. I also didn't understand the word "rice"?? Please explain. Would be really greatful for an answer of what i should do, if there is something i can do.

EDIT: I know what RICE is(i think) but what should i with rice?
  4. blueagewizard

blueagewizard New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Ris (Oryza sativa) en ett sädesslag i rissläktet, vars frukter, riskornen är stapelföda för hälften av jordens befolkning. Risplantan är en ettårig, 1 meter hög stråväxt med långa blad och enblommiga småax i en hängande vippa. Efter vete är ris det mest odlade sädesslaget i världen.
    I stora delar av Asien förekommer ris i kosten mer eller mindre dagligen. Ris kan ge mat till fler människor per area än majs och vete, så i länder med tillräcklig vattentillgång för risodling är den en bra gröda för att ge mat åt många människor.
    Ris kan användas för att tillverka en mjölkersättning för allergiker och veganer. Rismjölken är naturligt väldigt söt och behöver därför ingen tillsats av sötningsmedel.

Source Wiki

The rice helps draw out any moisture that might be left over.

How to save your cell phone, laptop or any other electronics from water damage....
    English
    Swedish Translated
  5. FriggzZz

FriggzZz New Member

Thanks. Maybe u didn't read the edit, in which i wrote that i know what rice is, but didn't know what to do with it. But now i do. Thanks alot.