Broken iPod Touch, need quick help

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by JacobVengeance, Jun 17, 2010.

1. JacobVengeance

JacobVengeance Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    My little cuzin threw her iPod Touch at a wall and broke the screen so bad that it would not respond to touch and glass is shattered. She has the same iPod as me. I need to restore it so I can take it back, though it is locked and wont restore because I cannot unlock it with 4 digit passcode. How can I restore it? Will putting it in recovery work? if so what is a program for windows that will automatically do it without holding buttons since home button has glass broke into it and will not work.
  2. Xgin

Xgin New Member

1. Plugged in iPod with USB to PC.
    2. Opened my computer and saw that iPod was there in the list (Devices with removable storage).
    3. Ejected the iPod (Use the option "Safely Remove" from the notification area in the bottom right next to your Windows clock)
    4. made sure the hold button was off and then held down the Menu button and middle button at the same time for five seconds.
    & Blue Tooth Itouch Acces.
  3. peebrian202869

peebrian202869 Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Whats the point if its that badly broken?!
  4. JacobVengeance

JacobVengeance Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Can you not read? I cannot use the Home button smart one. Plus I fixed it with some SSH magic.

Also the point of me doing this is so that she can return it since she has warranty. Jailbreak as we all know voids that.