Broken Ipod touch need advice

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself' started by bwkrazyness, Aug 10, 2010.

1. bwkrazyness

bwkrazyness New Member

Ok i bought a Used ipod touch off craigslist yesterday, it is a first generation and he claimed it had a broken screen, he said the battery was dead and he replaced it. and that he had pushed to hard on the screen to crack which seems right. i got home plugged the ipod into my computer, ipod doesn't turn on and computer doesn't even make the sound to let me know that it was plugged in (I've tried different cords and different computers), my first assumption is that either the ipod is fried or that the connector is broken. and that's pretty much where i'm stuck at. any insight would be much apreciated.

Thanks,
    Bwkrazyness
  2. Appman

Appman Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Try DFU mode and see if that make your computer recognize it, and if that doesn't work, I would talk to the person you bought it from.
  3. ThePodofi

ThePodofi Well-Known Member

keep trying and if it doesnt work i would contact the seller and if he doesnt reply threaten to call the police that will get his attention1!!!!!
  4. xX-SicKsKiLZz-Xx

xX-SicKsKiLZz-Xx Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    he fried the motherboard when re-soldering the newer battery, then purposely broke the screen so he could easily scam you.

Trust me, it happens.

go get a refund A>S>A>P
  5. jack rules32

jack rules32 Banned

try restre mode?
  6. bwkrazyness

bwkrazyness New Member

Thanks for the responses guys, I'm still not sure what exactly is up with this ipod,i was thinking maybe the connector port is broken and he replaced the battery thinking it was a battery problem,i scheduled an appointment with the apple store, i'll see what they have to say is wrong with it and we'll go from there. Thanks again for the insight!

Bwkrazyness
  7. Surreallycool

Surreallycool Member

my advice is don't believe what people tell you on craigslist
  8. iPodTouchHacker

iPodTouchHacker New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    yeah if you buy something on craiglist have them show you that it works
  9. repairlabs

repairlabs New Member

I am courious on what the apple store will do or charge for this. I would say google places that do ipod repair, or even iphone repair and look for a good company to send it to. And like yours that you are not sure what the problem is, then look for one that will do a cheep or free diagnostic.