broken ipod touch - can I put old apps/info on new ipod

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by vfnelson2, Apr 1, 2009.

1. vfnelson2

vfnelson2 New Member

Hi

I had a rough night with my 2 little ones being up, got little sleep, got puked on in the morning and accidentally washed my iPod Touch as I had it hidden under my pillow instead of the night stand because I had a glass of water I didn't want spilled on it. Got puked on and forgot about the iPod Touch...

anyways, after I plugged it into the computer to see if it worked or to at least sync my iPod to save my information, I turned it off and put in some rice to hopefully dry it out. I know I shouldn't have turned it on - ugggh!

If I end up having to buy a new one, can I get all the apps on my new one - there are only a few I paid for, so if I have to pay for them, fine...but my bigger issue is wanting to have the saved data from each app onto my new one (especially my calendar, e-mail, etc).

I searched the forums for an answer, but I didn't really find what I'm looking for and everything talks about jailbreaking...my iPod is not jailbroken.

Anyways...thanks for your help.

A girl having a bad day!

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Nathan B

Nathan B Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    if you do end up getting a new ipod touch all you have to do is use a backup from your old ipod and sync all your content back
  3. Ruamrudee

Ruamrudee Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    I recommend you keep it in the rice bowl for a week

then use your hairdryer for 15 min - 30 min, it should work
  4. vfnelson2

vfnelson2 New Member

I have another question...is there anyway I can take the iPod Touch apart so I can take the battery out, or am I pretty much S.O.L. ?

Thanks for your replies.

A week without the iPod Touch is rough...as I'm sure you all know.